How to naturally lighten blonde hair

I'm a blonde girl, but as I got older my hair darkened to a dirty blonde. Its pretty dull looking..

Any tips on how to naturally lighten your hair. I've heard of putting lemon juice in your hair and going out in the sun is a good way, but are there any others?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I find that simply going out in the sun a lot tends to lighten up my hair, but I have done the lemon juice thing when I was younger (you can put some in a spray bottle and spray it on your hair), and I've also used "Sun-In", which is a product that you can buy to spray on your hair and then spend some time in the sun so that it works.

link

I've also heard that spraying strongly-brewed chamomile tea in your hair and going out in the sun also works, but I've never tried it personally.

What Guys Said 2

• Shea Butter can help : link

• I think you need a device that works like a tanning booth. It's UV rays that bleach hair. Ceiling lights won't work obviously. But if you can find a powerful UV light source and put your hair into it, it should work extremely well. Just don't burn your scalp, UV light causes skin cancer.

• Tanning beds are so bad for you. they are worse than regular sun exposure

• Yeah. I didn't mean you go in one. I said find a UV light source and put ONLY your hair in it. I got 2 downs, well I thought it was a good idea. I must have predicted that because I posted anonymously.

• No I appreciate your comments. I think that is a good idea in theory lol

What Girls Said 10

• I have the same problem than you. Lemon juice is great but it can darken your skin so be careful when you put it in your hair. Chamomile is another great thing, I tend to have a spray bottle with concentrated chamomile in my fridge and just spray it in my hair before going out each day, it helps a bit and it smells great.

Beer is another awesome technique that I learned from a surfer dude. You put it in your hair and let it dry in the sun and it will help a lot, you'll have to wash it many times to get the smell out but I think it's one of the best ways.

• Use a toner. That's what my stylist uses on my hair. Toners are how the playboy bunnys get their pretty white blond hair! You can buy toner at beauty supplys.

• Lemon juice is a good idea tip, also there is a product called "sun-in" I believe. It's just like the lemon juice idea, you spray it into your hair and then go out in the sun. I know people who said it reallyyyy helped to lighten their hair naturally.

• Lemon juice works but like anything you try it works best when you let it dry in the sun. I've heard of chamomile tea; it's actually one of the main ingredients in my shampoo. I've also heard of honey, again another ingredient in my shampoo meant to lighten hair. The best thing is sun, as much as you can get!

• i used lemon juice to get red dye out've my blonde hair

it worked and went blonder

if you're not in the sun though

using washing powder in your hair befre you shampoo also works

but not to the extent of lemon juice

you can also get gradually lightening shampoos and creams

jope this helps :) x

• swimming helps but not too much because your hair will turn green you can lighten your hair with tea any tea will do I don't recommend lemon juice I tried it it didn't turn pretty oh and I heard something about honey and mayo I'm not sure though hope this helps

• Thanks! so the lemon juice didn't work at all?

• Sorry it said it twice stupid computer and yeah it was a mess I'm dirty blonde with natural blonde highlights and I tried lemon juice and it just got sticky nothing else and it smelt gross it wouldn't wash out for a week it was crazy

• Hm. I used lemon juice and I didn't have that problem at all.

• i think lemon juice is the most effective. that sun in stuff doesn't work well.. my friend tried it & she came out orangey.. & not a flattering shade.. haha

• sea salt ;)

• you can use natural hair lightener such as Sun In with lemons(: Hope this helps(;

• squeze a lemon and pour it over your hair and then go out in the sun...