What do guys look for in a girlfriend?

I have always wondered what a guy looks for in a girl in order to acquire a relationship. I mean this personality wise, as well as in the physical sense. Thanks for any replies!

Most Helpful Girl

• I like what Sofee said, but the smart, intelligent, independent part. well, I think some guys are turned off by women who are smarter and more driven than they are. That's what I've noticed at least. Guys seem to need to be able to do guy things for a girl as well. Understandable and desirable, but if a chick can spackle and change her own brakes on her car and knows (or say even teaches) calculus (all like me) a lot of guys are intimidated. Once you know a man datewise, you have to in some respects make them feel special and more capable than you are in something, and that those points are desirable, which they are! Women who are too independent and able to do for themselves in all areas, well I think it cheats a guy out of their subconscience (maybe innate is a better word) desire to take care of their girl. I believe making a man feel like he is a good, no great, man to be with is very important. that includes so much: being attentive, considerate, kind, and fun, dressing up and looking hot, turning waaay naughty in the bedroom, knowing who you are and what you want and that you want him, caring about the things they hold dear, that they need to be able to trust you with being themselves where no one else is allowed to see,. jeez the list goes on. I realize I'm just a chick, but this is just what I've found about men and their desires for traits in a girlfriend. Hope this helps

What Guys Said 1

• Physically I have to be able to look at the girl and not want to turn away, sounds shallow I know but every person alive is to a degree. personality wise its very similar to what girls want to a point. I know I want a girl who will be faithful. loyal, sexual and emotional with me. Those four qualities are universal, other qualities like for me I love a girl who is into literature, differ from person to person.

What Girls Said 2

• Men want a girl who can handle their own, is smart and fun. Men like girls that have respect for them but won't let anyone, specially their man, put them down. Guys admire girls with goals and aspirations. Also, a girl that isn't a doormat.

Ever met a guy who was into a girl and after a while the nicer she seems the more he pulls away?

If a guy is intimidated by you that is his issue, not yours. Why should you have to dumb down to boost someone else's ego? In my opinion if you aren't yourself you will start to resent yourself for it.

If someone can't accept you for who you are then they are not the one for you. Why should you have to change radically for someone else to accept you?

That's not real love.

• From what I've learned, men are visually stimulated. They are also attracted to a smart, intelligent, independent woman. They hate women who are clingy, dependent, and frumpy. That's my observation of the years. Hope this helps. Take care.