Men with facial hair?

I love guys with beards! Just wondering what the consensus is on this website?

• Like facial hair
  • Love facial hair
  • Hate facial hair
  • Don't care either way
Wow, so it's pretty close between hating facial hair and not really caring! Who'd have thought it!

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a guy, so here's what I've done. People may laugh, but I've actually done a little informal poll in my life, as I am torn between the goatee, and the stubble.

I've found that women over the age of 35 and up LOVE the goatee. I've gotten actual compliments, and I don't get compliments. I'm an entertainer; two of these women DEMANDED that I keep the goatee for work, and they were hiring me, so I went ahead with it.

Women/girls UNDER 30 HATE the goatee with a passion.

The issues with either one.

1) I am not an attractive guy, so goatee or not, girls don't want me either way. Now this means that on the one hand, I am free to do whatever I want fashion wise as it won't matter one bit. However, I AM attracted to the women under 30, generally speaking, so I'd rather look more clean cut there.

2) Personally in this case, I prefer to keep my stubbled look. Sometimes I hate the goatee, sometimes I like it. Especially when it can be such a pain to shave, as the razor grabs and yanks the hair.

3) However, if I'm getting hired because I look more like the role or character I'm portraying, then I'll keep it. Especially if I get more jobs because I look better with it. I don't know why it makes a difference, but apparently I'm told it does. And since the women HIRING me (these corporate women who are over 40) tend to like it, well. whatever makes the money. Now, I'm not attracted to the 40 and over crowd, so in a way, I could care less, and it's still a personal decision. One way or another, it's going to disappoint someone.

I suppose it will always be a fight between shaving or not shaving / loving or hating the goatee. Hopefully if I ever attract someone, she'll have to tolerate both the shaven and unshaven look.

Several of my friends have to grow their hair and beards, and their wives/ girlfriends hate it, but it's for work, so. I suppose I'm in with that crowd now.

Oh, and I answered from my own perspective as what I like on me personally; keep in mind it may change any day.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 4

• good question. thanks for asking it

• I just wanted to see the results

• i also like guys with rugged look. I'm not a homosexual I just think that some men look better with facial hair. lol that doesn't make me a little homo does it? ( for judging?)

• In no way does that make you gay.

• Good. lol

What Girls Said 23

• A full beard is just a little too much for me. I don't mind variations on less than that, but it needs to suit the man. I have always been torn between the clean shave and the stubble the next day. Those are my faves. Sexy!

• Girls should I shave my mustache and french beard or keep it??..wen do I look Good pls suggest?

IF You NEED I WILL UPLOAD MORE OF MY PIC'S... I HAVE ONE PHOTO... UPLOADED MY PROFILE 'S...PS MAIL ME BACK TO physics.praveen@gmail.com... am 23 now.. GENERALLY HOW DO You LIKE GUYS TO BE..? DO You LIKE MUSH OR GOATEE OR BEARD ETC>>?

• I love men with facial hair, but only if it's well taken care of. If a guy just let's it all grow and doesn't tame it or manicure it, then I have issues.

• I love the 'scruffy/rugged' look - the not bothered to shave for a couple of days type of facial hair, but once it gets much further and starts to get some kind of defined shape then I'm not really that into facial hair.

• Goatees.I don't know why but my fiance looks so good in one.

• It depends for me. Some guys can pull it off, some can't.

I think if a guy was really attractive I wouldn't care either way :]

• Same goes for me. I love George Clooney with it.

More from Girls
18