Do guys really care about how tan a girl is?

I am not very tan and I'm not that pale, but then again I'm not trying to be tan. I don't purposefully tan like all the other girls, so I'm wondering if its a turnoff for girls to be tan, or if guys really like tan girls.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not like tan girls, especially the ones who do it so much they look like a purse.

I like the normal color of a girl. If your are outside a lot because of sports or hanging out and your develop that kind of tan, than that's fine. I hate it when girls go to tanning beds or spray on because they think everyone cares about that so much.

My girlfriend plays soccer and runs track and cross country, so she is sort of tanned but not in the tanning kind of way. She will be red sometimes on her neck or her nose, and that's just cute.

Don't be fake, be yourself and let someone like you for who you are, not what you get from a tanning bed or from sitting out in the sun for no reason other than what you think everyone wants.

What Guys Said 15

• personally I prefer fair skinned girls because it looks healthier in my opinion. A tan is just singer skin anyway and puts you at a much higher risk for skin cancer. Really though its no big deal how light or dark it is as long as it doesn't have that ugly dark hue that you get from tanning beds and spray tans.

• Tan is (used to be, anyway) attractive because when a girl had a sun-kissed tan, it implied she lived a healthy and active lifestyle. But this was before the days of going out and tanning. Now that all a tan means is that you lay in the sun/tanning bed for a while or get crap sprayed on you, it's no longer attractive IMO.

• No, we like the tan skin when it contrasts with the eyes ahd hair, but it's a minor style point really.

• not really, id like my girl to do whatever SHE like with her body, and I have to like it without having to decide anything abt it, that's what's called real "harmony" if that makes any sense at all.

• I don't like tan on girls in general. I have never been attracted to tanned girls.

• some girls look really good tanned and some look really good being white as a ghost. so it doesn't matter. or at least to me. as long as you aren't orange.

• Tan doesn't mean as much as people say it does. I mean I guess it looks good on some people. However, you should understand that getting tan can also lead you to getting skin cancer due to the exposure of harmful UV rays.

It's not a turn off. I'd rather have a natural looking girl, than an oomppa loompa for a GF, ANYDAY. lol

• Felicia Day is a like a sex goddess and she's pale. Id prefer her over any tanned out girl ever in history.

• dont be pasty white but don't be brown-orange tan..like with makeup...its a good thing..in moderation (beer too)

• NOOO. A bit of a tan is fine, like a natural tan from being out in the sun in summer and what not. Tanning beds though however many times a week, not so much.

• Don't be on the extreme ends of the spectrum, and you're fine in my book. Don't be ghostly white, but don't look like you were coated in bronze.

• I like tanneed girls who are themselves, you don't need to toast in a tanning apparatus, tan yourself in the sun light, use solar protector, a good pair of sunglasses and go. I don't like completely pale light-skin, it seens as the person is kind of weak, but I don't judge 'em for what they are or what they are not. So a light-tan is a turn-on. That's what I think. OK ?

• Weak? but what if the girl has a skin disease? that isn't weak...it isn't her fault..

• Skin tone has nothing to do with strength.

• a tan is nice, but its a real big turn off when she is super tan, almost brown. that's just me.

• has long as she is not super pale or burned to a crips I don't care.

• as long as she's not super pale I'm good

What Girls Said 1

• No trust me tannin is dumb it's 100 percent pointless all the guys ik think girls who tan look fake and lik their tryin to hard to be somethin their not