Sssstuttering and Ssseduction?

I'm a 20 year old guy, and I've had a stutter for quite a while now. I easily come out as being nervous and shy although I am not deep down inside. I was wondering whether girls thought of stuttering as a turn off.

PS I'm good looking , funny and interesting (to give a more complete picture of myself)

Most Helpful Girl

• If a girl can't look past a stutter and appreciate you for you, then she isn't worth your time. I don't think its a turn off at all. Peoples quirks make them interesting and less "cookie cutter." Just be you and you'll find an amazing girl :)

What Girls Said 6

• I have a stutter as well. I've taken many speech classes for it. Every guy I've brought it up with, says it's cute and they don't judge me because of that since I can't help that.

I do believe it's the other way with guys. I've talked to a guy with a lisp before, you look over those kinds of things. It's all about personality.

If a guy stuttered in front of me, I would find it flattering. Whether it be because you're nervous or not, the sound of it is just really cute! :)

• Hey Rhigee, would you stutter more around a guy you liked or is it random? Just wondering...

• It's completely random. I could know you my whole life, and it will look like I'm not comfortable or I'm nervous around you, but that's not the case. I stutter around my dad even.

But if I am nervous around a guy I like, I do slow down my pace so that I won't stutter. I try really hard :)

• i have a stutter too. I find it embaressing. but others find it cute. so you might stutter and girls might find it cute :) its a turn on for me. but when I'm with guys who stutter conversations take a little longer with all our stuttering

• nope. it wouldn't bother me:D

• nah a stutter wouldn't bother me at all. its actually kinda cute.

• Honestly, if you're as attractive as you say it will make your stutter attractive. The right guy can rock just about any quirk, so don't worry.

• r you kidding? a cute guy with a great personality... put a stutter in there and I find that even MORE attractive! :D if you are percieved as shy because of it, take that as a good thing... many girls are into the whole shy guy thing, as it makes them more comfortable to approach you. if ur nervous (or appear to be nervous), we feel a little less nervous, if that makes sense?

What Guys Said 2

• Go for it man. Be confident and approach any and every girl you find attractive. Therapy is available for the stuttering, but in the meantime, don't worry about it...in fact, if you can, be proud of it. It's what makes you unique, among the many other things about your life and character.

If a girl doesn't like you for the stuttering, she's too shallow and you're better than that--move on. Remember, YOU have to have standards too. YOU have to be the one who decides if that cute girl sitting alone at the cafe is good enough to be with you : )

Best of luck.

• Well, it certainly sounds like you've got a good sense of humor.

Honestly, if you're not shy, I think that could be an advantage for you. If you show interest in a girl, she's probably going to think you're going out of your way for her and be turned on by that.

I kinda have the opposite problem. I'm really nervous and shy on the inside, but so far, some people have told me that I come off as outgoing...which probably means that girls think I'm not interested in them, when in fact I am but too shy to make it explicit.