Why do we guys also prefer outer beauty and not inner beauty?

is it always about looks like facial beauty...body structure...curves...and all that... why don't we prefer the heart that loves us from within regardless of certain outer features..one we can confide in...one we can love and do without...hmmmmm love - it still remains a mystery

Most Helpful Girl

• hormones. is what I think. like no one can help it. Would you rather go out with a greasy girl with pimples and 20000000000000000000000000000000000000000 pounds overweight who picks her nose and eats it and chews on her hair and eats her dandruff and has a ton of B.O orrrr... go out with a thin girl with perfectly smooth curly hair. With a nice body line smells like roses, has white teeth, perfect complection perfect posture perfect everything.

Whos the turn on and whos the turn off (no offence).

its hard to get to know people if you really hate their outside apperence because you'll only think of 'oh I hate the smell' and never really listen to what she's saying.

It's the same for girls as well.

just my opinion

What Girls Said 2

• I also noticed that even if guys are attracted to girls that our society didn't brand as attractive they wouldn't admit it. Apparently the kind of girlfriend you have, is some form of a social status? (among your friends of course- being branded as a "stud" )

• Because you see the physicality aspect first, always.

Unless you're blind. Then you can truly only see inner beauty.

Everyone says, oh "I love her personality, her inside, etc..." but really, what you fall in lust with is the outside appearances. That's what makes you want to get to know someone. Shallow, but true. I don't really know of anyone who is willing to look past that, at first, or even over time.

I mean honestly, would you consider dating a 500 pound woman you see randomly because you just know that she's got to have a great heart (not literally)? I think not.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 2

• Evolution. We instictively want to choose the prime mate to pass our seed onto, and features such as child-bearing hips are contributing factors to this hardwiring. Works the other way around, too; it's why girls tend to mistake jerkishness for confidence, and are attracted to that for the whole 'protection' thing that served more of a purpose before human laws were created. It's just another one of those useless things we inherited from our distant ancestry.

• i like girls that are healthy but I go for inner beauty. your born with good genes but being a good person is so much more attractive.