Are you attracted to guys/girls that have similar features to yourself?

Basically what I mean is, do you find features on the opposite sex attractive that are similar to yourself. for example, they have big eyebrows and so do you. they have the same color hair, big butt etc

• Yes
  • No
i like girls who share many physical similarities with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• If your hot, I like ya. It doesn't matter to me.

What Girls Said 23

• It depends actually. Sometimes I'm attracted to the facial shape and the degree of seperation of the eyes. I love blue eyes, green eyes, and brown ones. Brown, blonde, black, reddishbrown, all doesn't matter to me as long as the guy has a captivating smile, and confidence. Oh a sexy body helps too hehe.

• I have dark hair, a bit tall for my age I think ? (5'6"), and I'm naturally tanned.

I notice that I have a huge thing for tall guys, dark hair, and with a bit of a tan.

Its just me, but its a huge turn on, especially when they have there hair spiked a bit, but not over jelled

• Interesting question, I've never really thought about it or even noticed it before. But I don't think so...thinking back, some shared similar features...others not so much

• Yeah, iv never really noticed it myself but it seems like I sub conciously at least do feel an attraction to similarities although if they don't, it isn't that big a deal

• i wouldn't say I conscientiously am attracted to guys who look similar, or any where near sibling-esk. But if you were to hold up a picture of myself, next to someone I've been attracted to, then a picture of someone who defiantly has a different look, I'd 9/10 I'd look more like the one I'm attracted to.

it's more of a broad similarity, like big eyes/ features, cheek bones, generally similar build; not specifics like wavy golden blonde hair. I'd extend that general similarity out to my close friends too, its not hard to tell when someone looks out of place within a group walking around.

But its defiantly behavioral aspects that make me "match" people, which is way more important :)

• Yes

• Usually yeah! I have a darker complexion (brown hair, brown eyes tan skin) and I'm usually attracted to guys that have dark hair and tan skin... but then again, I'm thin and I like muscular guys...

• I have blond hair and blue eyes... I am sooo not attracted to blonds. I like dark hair and dark eyes (maybe blue eyes but depends). I am short, I like them tall (even though I don't have that) but I think its more of a personality thing. I like guys with the same sarcastic/dry personality who can take a joke, dish it out, and can take it too

• Definitely not. I have a very distinct type of guy that I usually fall for, but they don't look anything like me. I mean I'm quite physically fit, and in that aspect I tend to go after those that look the same, but I have brown eyes, brown hair, and am 5' 2". I tend to like guys with blond hair, blue eyes, and tall... but then, who doesn't?

• Just don't

• Not at all. I'm pale, but I like darker guys. I have blonde hair and green eyes, but I like brown hair and blue eyes. I'm short, but I like tall guys. I have a big nose, I like smaller noses. I basically like everything different.

• um NO!

• I'm attracted to guys who look a bit like me or that look nothing like me.

• No I have always attracted to guys that just look different than me, pretty tall and skinny small ass, wide shoulders...

• Meh, sort of. I'm tall and rather thin, I like tall and rather thin guys. That's really as far as it goes though. And I don't even care much about the tall part. I like clear skin too ? Yeah, doesn't go much farther than thin. hahah

• Usually, yes. There has been some guys who are my total opposite that I'm attracted to, but for the most part it's the same/identical:)

• Pfff! I don't want anything that looks even similar to me!

• not neccessarily ...lol it depends

• i look good so why not

• i like either, it doesn't matter if they're short/tall, big/small, have big eyes/small eyes. I go for their personality.

• almost the opposite, I'm short and have light eyes but I like tall guys with dark eyes

• ohh I thought you meant personality and so I said no, but physical, I think I am somewhat. Except I have brown eyes and almost always I happen to like guys with blue eyes. It's kind of funny, it's like an obvious pattern haha

• shoot. I lied. I don't like guys that look like me. I like guys that are like me in personality sometimes though...

• i think I like the contrast. I like when a guy has feature I don't & vice versa. just more fun that way :)

I don't wanna look at someone who looks like they could possibly be related! JUUUUST kidding. xD

What Guys Said 11

• Well, that's kinda weird...if a girl had all the same features as me, she'd look like a guy...LOL...

So there's definitely some features that I'd want to be different. But if we're talking gender-neutral features, it's harder to say.

In some cases, it might be true, although that might just be a coincidence. I have dark hair and I'm also attracted to girls who have darker hair (than say a blonde) but it doesn't have to be anywhere near as dark as mine. I tend to be attracted to girls who have similar (but not the same) eye color as me.

I think if there's any truth...it's not that I'm specifically attracted to girls with the same features as me. It's that I might be slightly less attracted to girls who are the exact opposite of me. Somewhere in-between is usually best.

• Liking someone who looks like you.. isn't that a bit vain or.. what's the word? When you love yourself too much? Narcissistic?

I probably have liked a few who look similar but it's a sub conscious thing.

More often then not, they are completely opposite. But this whole similar/not similar thing seems pretty insignificant. Height, hair colour, eye colour, body shape, skin colour.. what is it exactly that makes someone similar? Eyebrows? WTF? This question makes my brain spin. Next question. :P

• I'm a red head, and I lust something silly over red head girls with that white pale snow skin. I've always felt really weird about it though, seems like some weird mental masturbation or something.

It's the one thing I didn't get with my girlfriend. She's nice, sweet, sincere, loving, caring, educated and all those other things you look for, but she's not a red head. Maybe I can trade her in for a newer model in a different paint scheme. :-D

(If any of you tell her about this post, I'll haunt you).

• I wouldn't mind dating someone with similar features and personalities, but I'd much rather date someone who is opposite of me. I know, I'm weird.

• no because the events will get dull.

and girls don't like dull

so in then end they will dumb the guy because of that.

so no I look for a girl more out goinf then i.

• it depends, I'm not gonna look for a girl that could b my sister, but like if I like a girl I'm not gonna b turned off if she looks similar to me

• I find it varies.

Some days I like girls who look a bit like me: dark hair, pale, angular features, average height.

Other days I love tiny petite girls. Other days I like the Amazonian look.

• its not just similar features that would attract me...

• common ground gives the base

differences keep it interesting

• Not really. I am actually more attracted to girls who have more opposite features to me.

• depends... :\