GUYS ONLY! what do guys really look for in a girl?

I've been told by guys that they don't go for likes and I think its bull. what do guys honestly look for?

looks* my badd.

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks are of minimal importance. A book with an AWSOME cover can suck bad once you open the cover.

I knew a women who by any standards was homely at best. By the time I had worked with her for about a year, she became one of the more beautiful women I know.

Sounds shallow? It would be if it was a choice. How do you think blind people fall in love? Why for all the REAL reasons of course.

It is a waste of time trying to create a list of things we are attracted too. As soon as we figure it out along comes a woman who has us starting a new list.

We don't get to pick who we are attracted to. Along with looks there are other factors most people don't even know about. Ever hear of pheromones? This a huge part of initial attraction. Body language is right up there as well.

You can't distill this down to a formula you can just whip up and wear. You won't be you. Want a white knuckle ride to low self esteem? Just wander on down that path. Your next question will be headed "HELP! He's in love with my alter ego" or "We have nothing in common but he won't leave".

Gimme a blindfold and a wonderful self assured personality.

Of course, you can get lucky and end up with the whole package. I'm just glad she never wanted to model for Playboy...I don't like sharing *grins*

What Guys Said 35

• Everybody has said it, looks come first. THis is the sad truth, but how a guy judges if he wants to approach a woman is if she's attractive. HOWEVER, if you don't have a good personality, you're going to end up being a case of hit and run. Plus, I don't know about other guys but for me, if I like a girls personality, I learn to find her attractive. The more you liek them as a person, the more you like them physically. I'm sure this is generally true for people.

It all depends on the guy, honestly. personally, I like someone I can talk to. The key to any good connection and relationship is to first be best friend with the person. Laugh, be stupid, work together when you need to, have intelligent conversations, this all comes into play when I'm looking for a girl.

I can't speak for other guys, but when I'm looking for a girl to be in a relationship with, sure, looks come into play, but only if they can be backed up with the personality equivalent to a best friend for me. A personality that clicks with mine is key.

• Looks is of a fair importance...hair, eyes, face, legs, tallness etc. any guy who doesn't admit it is lying to himself. For me its skin. I am really turned on by a girl with great skin and a really 'delicate' face. As is the kind of clothes she chooses and the way she carries herself. But what's more important is personality, and most guys are really seeing if the girl is a good match for his character and interests.

For me, the other aspects is being fairly talkative - able to share, communicate and understand the way that I view life and to enjoy. I've come across some women who are simply a 'one way street' - all they are ever concerned are merely about themselves and themselves only and they don't give a rats ass about how I as a guy would feel. To a guy that's a real turn off. As is being unable to hold a decent conversation, spend too much money or have any manners or thoughts given when friends or family are around...

What the guy is really looking for is someone who can simply be who they are and generally enjoy life together with him, with fun and with and a bit of laughter but always putting his concerns first. Apart from the ones who are simply out doing it for fun ie. one night stands, most guys I would imagine most are simply looking for companionship. As you get older, that's a very important issue for some...

So that's what we're looking for...

• We do go for looks, and any guy who says it isn't important is lying. Depending on the girl though, the way she looks might not matter so much. If a girl really has a personality that clicks with the guy, he isn't going to care if she doesn't look like the girl of his dreams.

As for what we look for, it depends on the guy. We each look for different things. I look for a girl who doesn't expect me to do all the chasing after her. I will make the first move, and the first few after that, but ifi after a while I notice that I'm having to do all the moves, while she's just sitting back and letting me do everything, I'll most likely move on. She has to show me I'm not the only one who cares, and taking the initiative every now and then is a good way to let me know that.

But that's just me. Some guys might not like it if their girl decides to do something, and would rather just let him plan all the things.

I lool for other things as well, but that is one of the most important ones.

• Honesty, kindness, intelligence, a good sense of humour. She also has to be natural and have a backbone, and not be weak or a fake. Physically, I like natural looking girls with feminine curves, a nice smile and pretty eyes, soft luscious hair and soft and smooth skin. That's the optimal type, but looks matter less than personality. As long as she looks natural and she's a good and intelligent person with a mind of her own, who can laugh about things, that's good with me.

• The first thing I notice is whether or not I find you physically attractive. Even if that sounds superficial--what else is there for me to see before I've even spoken to you? That said, despite what's considered stereotypically or generally attractive, different guys have different tastes on who we do and don't find attractive. My best friend and I can agree on models and such of course (for the most part), but in terms of real, non-airbrushed women, some of the women I think are good looking make him go "whaa? no thanks" and vice versa. And then another close friend of mine has found women that most guys consider absolute perfect 10s to not be so attractive to him. So it varies.

No worries though, you're unquestionably attractive. Back to the point...

For me personally, while it's a requirement that I must find you physically attractive if I'm going to be interested in you, your mind is even more important--it's just I can't possibly get a taste of your personality traits until after I've talked to you. I guarantee though, that even if I can't get over how hot a girl may be physically, if she presents herself as an unintelligent girl, my interest wanes quickly.

Beyond first impressions, it's important to me that the girl I'm interested in is at least generally on the same page as me in terms of faith and in terms of how she votes. Those two things I find are MAJOR sources of conflict when there is a lack of consensus on basic principles, while at the same time both people care.

On top of that, I would prefer to find girls who might share one or more of my interests--I just think it'd be easier to have fun together if we like a couple of the same things.

• All these guys gave GREAT answers. Overall LOOKS go the furthest. If you're in shape and healthy, that goes a LONG way. Being fun, lighthearted, and bubbly is another plus.

Good luck!

Flyness

• kinda like a broad question lol every guy will be different, as for me, I go for looks but to a certain extent kinda like *i know what makes me attracted to that woman,* for example they don't have to be beauty queens or have big boobs/ass I don't care about that, but you at least have to have a decent face, most man go for the big boobs or ass though haha finally what I look for in a girl is one who's happy, outgoing, sincere and most importantly a girl who don't depend on sex a lot (if a relationship is built on sex then you bet that ain't really gonna work out) don't get me wrong I love sex but I wouldn't want my relationship to be built in just that haha hope I helped I think I made no sense tho hehe ;)

• initially it is looks we go for. she doesn't have to be hot or sexy or anything, I personally prefer just cute. after that...her personality can either make or break her. if she's a bitch...then see ya. but if she's cool, down to earth, and not full of herself, then that to me is the sexiest thing. in the end, its really your personality that matters most (and if any guy says different its probably because all they care about is sleeping with the girl).

• ok well I think every guy has a certain look or style they like in a girl but there's more to it than just looks. It goes deeper than that like personality and who they are.

• Our first impression is going to be more or less based on the way you look. It's more than just your face or body shape; it's the clothes and the expression you wear, your hair style, maybe even your shoes (no, probably not the shoes).

A little later we're still going to be looking at appearances, but your personality can easily break the deal for us. As we spend more time with you, we'll start placing value in other things aside from your appearance, stuff like your taste in music or food, or your sense of humor. You're right that we're very superficial at the start, but a few weeks in and the emphasis we place on your looks will have toned done a little.

• Yes we do go for looks. That's the first thing we notice. That's the most important thing and then the personality. I don't really have a particular type of girl. But when it comes personality I look for a woman that's like Ashley Tisdale or Valerie Poxleitner.

• guys do for go for looks but hacve you heard the phrase "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" its true, so what that means is that no matter what a person looks like, its what the person see of you.

some people fall for big, thin, inbetween, long hair short hair, makeup none makeup, cute, pretty, hot, there's different kinds.

with me, I don't like makeup on girls or earings or sh*t like that, I like long hair, I like her to be sweet, kind, I don't like scallies or girls thinking they are all that, I like a girl who can feel free to talk about anything. tit size doesn't bother me.

wanna know anything else, just ask

• looks is always a start of the attraction. To it starts with the body to see what shape you are in which starts the attraction. Then move onto ass and boobs and stuff. Then it is the face which will determine if I would like to know that girl or not. Then afterward it all personalities and characteristics.

• i want her to be attractive...by body and mind as well...she can have her sense of humour but she should be able to understand my sense of humour which is quite off-bit!...she should have a gorgeous face so that our kids will have it as well...! she'd know cooking and all...but thing is that she should be compatible with me and we both should be able to respect each others' lives...!

off course it doesn't matter if she's sexually inexperienced...=> I'll TEACH her!

• Looks have to be there and then personality. If I'm not attracted to you then you're just a friend. I need to be sexually attracted to someone to date them.

• The looks always are the initial thing that grab attention for any guy. After that though, personality and the amount of effort they'd wanna put in to a relationship are huge for me. I also wanna be able to have an intelligent conversation with the girl, too. I don't date dumb girls. Sorry.

• Im not that dumb. I'm not the smartest. but dang.

• I look for a good personality that has a wide sense of humor. Of course a good body but that's second on the list.

• uh for me I look for these things in order:

1. quieter/nice personality

2. Nice face/smile

3. Pale skin

4. round butt

5. strong legs

6. smaller boobs (A or B cup range)

i tend to go for more "cute" girls then hot ones.

• i look for a girl that is as nerdy as I am :D

oh and someone that is funny, and does not only think about sex!

• fun and flirty personality

• Looks come first. But if she's b*tchy then I wouldn't be interested in anything long-term. What every guy wants is a pretty, low maintenance girl, with a killer body, who loves having sex and pleasing her man, and likes to cook and clean, and additionally comes from money or makes a lot of money.

• All men go for looks in the start and stay around longer the more they like who you are.

• It is always about the looks and then the personality.

• well a pretty face is all that really matters to me in the looks department. the girl herself, should be clumsy, smart but don't have to be to smart. prefer smart though. and a great sense of humor. that would be me perfect girl basically.

• i just look for individuality something that makes her stand out from everyone else.personality and just being real not fake like so many people are these days.

• personally for me I like really cute girls not hot hot girls are good but cute girls seem more sexy like their attractive, but at the same time their attractiveness matches her looks and personality just making her even more cuuutee.

• Slutty Clothes. Killer Heels. Great Body. Not Bothered About the Face as you can always do it from behind. And the shag's only a one of after all.

• Youre really yucky, I wouldn't touch you with a forty foot pole

• Haha 40 foot pole

• Ha ha .. ..what does that mean? Are you calling me a 40 foot pole? That's Funny

• in terms of looks: a girl whos curvey and has a nice booty, in terms of personality...well...everyones different and you just have to get to know the person to find that out

• Well cultured, attractive, funny, I not say sexy but she has to be beautiful.

• sexy, fun, not stupid, flirt

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 0