Clothes on/off

I see this EVERDAY ( hard for anyone NOT 2 notice ) the girl with the short shorts on or the girl with the ultra short mini. The girl wearing what appears to be some sort of lingerie ( although I assume its not ) and just not giving a DAMN . I'm all for free will and what not , but it makes me wonder can what guys see influence the value that they place on you at that very second ? MAJORITY of guys go crazy at the slightest hint of skin why ? I was always taught that you should leave something to the imagination with recent trends in fashion it makes it harder. HOWEVER I manage . I get just as much attention with all my clothes on so what's the difference ? How can what we have on depend on how sexy we are overall ?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• From my own personal view, I think its about where you stand, what you feel comfortable in, how you want people to look at you, how well you can carry yourself without getting the bad attention. When girls start dressing more openly and show off more then enough skin, they are bound to land wrong type of guys. The attention they receive may not be the type of attention they want - but then again, depending on the personality, you may actually be seeking the wrong focus.

I think it’s important to leave something to be discovered in the latter. Some women usually choose to go overboard with showing off their skin to - in many times - fit in, feel good about themselves (maybe due to the fact of low self-esteem). Which ever the case might be, it all comes back to you. It depends on you whether you want to seem easy and "whore-like" - as people would automatically claim labels. If you feel comfortable in doing what you do, clothes on or off, then by all means who's to stop you? But, the consequences will largely effect others judgments and opinions on your character as well as other aspects of you. The “clothes-off” look may help you feel like the sexiest women in the world but it can very well affect the way you hint your personality to others. And while appearence hooks the opposite sex, personality is what derives the final relationship.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• I think Dave Chappelle addressed this one pretty well.

In one of his routines he talked about talking to girls at a club. I'll say they were dressed less to impress. He was saying that when you try to initiate conversation they say things like "WHAT?!? Just because I'm dressed this way, doesn't make me a whore?"

Well, that's fine, no one is saying you're a whore. Sometimes it seems like that kind of apparel is just a way for the girl to start a problem then it is her having a fun time.

I remember my friend saw a girl who he thought was attractive. He decided to go talk to her. Now keep in mind, she had a tight t-shirt on with the slogan "Got Cock?" blazened across it.

So he asks if she would like to dance, and she freaks out him saying he's a pig and a loser, and slaps him.

Seriously, just for asking if she would like to dance? That's crazy, I know it's not all girls, but you all know some girl out there acting like a fool.

In conclusion, it's not the clothes that get me going one way or another. I've seen plenty of attractive women in conservative clothing that I've talked to. The attraction is physical in the initial stage, but your mind state ends up being the deciding factor. I've waived off many girls I've initiated conversation with because something didn't sound right.

• The more you show, the less investment is necessary to determine what is left to see. This relates strongly to how much respect and value the man who is willing to invest will be able to grant. The more that is left up to the imagine, the more you are making it the choice of the other person whether they want to make the investment to imagine it in the first place.

Yes skin does generate a certain level of attention but, it is not the type of attention that will lead to respectful, investment based, long term relationships. Showing skin is more about self esteem issues, than earning the privilege of having someone earn the privilege of your company.

Healthy long term relationships are less than 20% physical, so why show your cards up front. Leave something to be discovered and take notice of the fact that God made you to be a beautiful partner in His creation. If He respects, loves, and likes, you, knowing all there is to know about you, you should respect, love and like yourself. What's more, you should expect any man who wants to earn your respect, love and adoration, to invest the same in you.

• The difference is some guys prefer a more "conservative" girl; people who want a serious relationship are more inclined to these as they don't want their girlfriend showing skin for everyone to see. While others guys prefer a girl that likes to show some skin; these are mostly people looking for just a fling. And how it determines how sexy you are is not exactly true as you said "I get just as much attention with all my clothes". Other things that can affect what people go for is by girls showing a bit of skin "shows" they are more confident with their body and for some guys they want an extremely confident girl. To me right know as a teenager I prefer a girl that shows some skin, but I no that if it was someone that I seriously liked I would rather a more "conservative" girl as I wouldn't want every guy staring at her as just an object.

• I don't mind what my girlfriend wears in public, I'm not jealous. If she's wearing something exposing then it gives me a trophy to show of that's ALL MINE =p and if not it's fine too.

I just can't stand when girls dress all crazy and then their personality is completely the opposite of their openness with dressing. The clothes will get you the first look, but the personality is what's going to make me stay.

I'm also one of those guys that believe that leaving something hidden for the imagination can sometimes be better than the real thing. So looking a bit exposed is fine but don't go too extreme and give it all away, guys might think your easy.

What Girls Said 3

• It's all about the mind. Firstly, popular culture is training our little girls from infancy to be "sexy" and so that means nearly naked. Have you seen the clothes they have available for purchase at walmart and target? That's why I shop elsewhere.

So, since most parents today think that they need to be their daughter's friends and allow them to wear whatever they want or the mother's are so busy pretending to a teenie bopper that they are caught up in the fashions as well, we have a whole generation of girls without any decorum.

I get TONS of attention from guys and I am always fully clothed. I don't even show any cleavage either!

• Part of being sexy is being bold and daring. Wearing clothes like that certainly fits the bill. Besides, guys probably figure a girl that will dress like that will be willing to do things that girls dressed more conservatively won't.

• People should wear whatever they're comfortable in and should wear as much or as little is appropriate for the setting. Meaning don't have your breasts hanging out at a funeral, unless the deceased liked that sort of thing.

I can feel sexy showing no flesh at all and that's generally what I go for, perhaps with a hint of cleavage OR leg but seldom both. This is nothing to do with what others may think though, just what I want.