Navel Piercing? Hot? Painful?

I was going to get a navel piercing two years ago, but my boyfriend said he didn't like them, so I didn't. Now I'm almost 18, and really want one. So I was wondering, do guys not like them? Or is it just that my boyfriend didn't like them? My belly isn't big or fat, but not super skinny either. I'm average! Would it look good? Plus, they use needles, so is it painful? Now, I don't do pain very well, or needles for that matter. So think like a chicken if you answer. heh. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is a bad decision. When you are 40 will you still want it? Probably not. So you think OH I can just take it out. Right and wrong. When you take it out there is a little flap of skin that is kind of stretched out from where you got it done. It just doesn't look normal. I had one and thought it look trashy so I took it out. And I had that flap o skin problem. I thought it was just me but I looked at some other people who got theirs done then took them out and they had the same problem. So when you are 40 do you want to have a gross flap of skin? But if you still are intent on doing it, it doesn't hurt TOO bad. IT just can get infected really easily.

What Guys Said 1

• To me, piercings, other than the ears, maybe, detract from the natural beauty of someone and tell me there is something they feel they can improve with regard to the way God made them. God made you exactly the way He wanted you and He adores you, so anyone who doesn't should learn to respect the One who made them.

What Girls Said 6

• yeah it should look nice I've mine done and everyone I know has it done too, it doesn't hurt at all its over and all before you know it! don't worry . but I wouldn't advice looking down when your getting it done just look at the ceiling well that's what I do but everyone is different

• I have a very hard time with jewelry and love it. So when I was young, I starting getting my ears pierced. I now am back down to 4 piercings per ear;Had two tattoos done when in my early 40's and naval pierced. I don't still have the naval pierce for medical reasons.

No, I had no problem as in infection. I actually had it done twice. My daughter has three tatoos on her back, naval pierce, ears pierced. Her first daughter has her ears pierced. With her second daughter, she kept the naval piercing in until time to deliver, then out she slid. Her husband has tongue, tattoos(not many at all), use to eyebrow, has ears pierced(actually they both have gauges). Anyway, they also draw the line at eyebrow

piercing now, nose, through the lips, genital, etc. They are both hard workers.

So all I'm trying to say is, make sure that this is you and you are doing this for you and nobody else. If you're not sure, don't do it. Respect yourself and what you do with your body. Good Luck!

• I think it'll look good but I wouldn't get it done at all because 50 years from now - it'll just feel wrong. And whether the guys like or not - that depends on the guy. If you boyfriend didn't like them, doesn't mean half the other male gender hates thm too. Its all about preference. I don't have navel piercing so I couldn't help you out with the "hurting" part - I think that also depends on you. Some people can feel no pain while others might feel a lot of pain, and then some people might just feel minor pain.

If you REALLY wanna do it, then I guess you can go for it but I am not so sure you'll appreciate it in the latter.

Goodluck.

• yeah, I think it would look great!

i had mine done last year and it looks great!

it doesn't hurt as much as you'd think, just focus on something else while its being done and you should be fine!

and the guys seem to like it, well at least those I know!

best of luck!

• I got my navel pierced when I was 16. The procedure did hurt, but it wasn't unbearable.

Some people like them, some don't & some don't care. I love how mine looks & my boyfriend likes it too.

• i think it looks hot as long as you want it. :) I'd say go for it