Is it true girls fall for a guy's personality more than looks?

Like can any average looking guy get a girl to fall for you based on you're personality?

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, yes. I mean, there has to be a least some physical attraction, but as long as a person isn't completely repulsive, his personality is going to make me more attracted (or less attracted) to him. That said, even if there isn't a strong initial attraction, when I get to know someone and find out they have an awesome personality, I find myself more attracted to them and able to appreciate their physical appearance more (i.e. I "give them a second look" and end up noticing attractive characteristics about them that I may not have noticed initially).

What Girls Said 8

• yes, I think so...I went for looks when I was younger...but now I'd much rather have I guy with a great personality now.

• for me personally yes

• Well... yeah! Unless the girl is REALLY shallow, she will try to find a guy who has a great personality.

• Oh heck yes. There may be some exceptions but I'd say that's the general rule. :)

• In the long run yes

• Yes. I mean, physical attraction is normally the first step if ur talking to someone you just met, but if ur having a conversation with a friend of yours or something, yes personality usually matters more.

• So like say you weren?t attracted to a guy, (like he wasn?t ugly, you just weren?t really attracted to him,), but then you got to know him good, could you fall for him because of his personality?

• Absolutely that's happened to me a lot of times before

• Of course, having a great personality is the key and it comes first. If a guy does not have a good personality then it is no use in getting to know him any further.

• very true. even if initially it is the attraction based on looks, the true judgment eventually becomes solely based on personality and inner beauty for a relationship to actually last.

i can also say this from experience because the guy I loved for four years, when I first met him, he wasn't good looking at all...like he was one of those guys id never imagine I would date, he had a lame old tshirt, some old jeans, he was eh... I guess I was ignorant and had expectations to meet this hot sexy guy one day who would have me in his arms...- wrong! turns out when I met him, the chemistry, the things we had in common, the way he presented himself, his likes and dislikes, the way he viewed life, his confidence, intelligence, this deep connection we had, all made me head over heels. I'm still crazy about him, sadly =[ and he just didn't see me in that way...he can dress like steve urkel for all I care and he's still the sexiest man in my eyes.

sigh...

What Guys Said 1

• Okay, from my perspective no. I am an average looking dude and am 5 ft8 220 (I know it sounds big, but I'm kind of muscular) Anyways it doesn't seem like girls, at least from about 16 until about 35 care about personality much. Sure there are exceptions, but most girls and guys at this age are more into looks. I mean I have a wonderful personality, but the few girls I have asked out said it was mostly my looks. One even said "your the first guy to ask me out, but there's no physical attraction, and I feel bad, but I just can't go out with you".