Has anyone ever dyed their hair blonde from a bottle, and not professionally?

If so, does it look good?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have...i don't think its a good idea if your dark skinned and dark haired. it looks like an yellow, bronzeish shade.

You can tell they used it when back in the day where people who had jet black hair used blonde die..it came out that weird goldish color.

But if you have naturally light hair and fair skin...if you apply it evenly..it should come out nice.

Some stores now a day have those screens built into their hair dye isle to give you an indication of what it would look like.

Remember if you have long hair or super thick hair..get two bottles not one.

• Thanks. I have natural blonde hair (its just a dirty blonde, not a bright blonde). I would get it done professionally, its just too expensive. what is yor hair color?

• Im a burnette and tan ...it was in style back in the day. Its not anymore.

hehe.

What Guys Said 1

• yeah. I looked like eminem cause my hair was and still is really short. I do it every so often just for a change. I used to be beach blond. I'm a dirty blond now. sometimes its just nice to be that color again

What Girls Said 4

• Absolutely, on more than one occasion. I was going for the white-blonde look though. I never intended for it to look natural, haha. There's a picture in my profile.

Whether you use a boxed dye, or pick up bleach powder and developer from Sally's or something, also pick up a good toner [violet] with more developer. You'll need it if you want to get those brassy tones out of your hair. Going from dark to light almost always leaves hair too yellow-tinged.

• I have friends who have dyed their hair blonde(not professionally) and it didn't come out so hot.In my opinion,if a person isn't a natural blonde they shouldn't dye it that color,to each their own.

It also depends on how dark your hair is now.If it's jet black,dark brown,you need to get it done professionally

• Mine looked like sh*t, but that's probably because I'm half asian. But I've seen people dye their hair blonde on their own and it turned out awesome!

• My sisters friend did it to her from a box :) it looked really cute but she has a light skin tone and originally had blond hair but it faded as she got older into a brown color. :) If you decide to do it good luck :) and I hope it turns out cute