Makeup or no makeup. Who cares!

I can't help but notice that a lot of these questions on here are about whether guys care if girls wear makeup. A lot of them say that they don't like girls that wear makeup, but seriously, if a girl has bad skin or acne are you really going to judge her and call her high maintenance for wanting to look good? And any girl that says she doesn't wear makeup and acts like they are better than the people who do, not everyone has naturally good skin! You don't leave the house without brushing your teeth and hair because it makes you presentable, its exactly the same with using makeup to cover flaws. If a guy ever judged me for wearing makeup I'm not sure I would want to be with such a fussy person anyway. I mean it doesn't change a persons personality or who they are inside, so why does it bother people so much unless they are shallow?

Most Helpful Girl

• i so agree with you! some people on here are really ignorant. the guys sit up here and say they like natural beauty bullsh*t half of them haven't even seen a real natural beauty. what they SHOULD say is that they want a girl who is naturally perfect and flawless and doesn't need makeup to cover up their imperfections because she is perfect and doesn't have any.

cause hate to break it to the misinformed ppl, but most of us aren't perfect. you will be hard pressed to find a woman that doesn't have one or more of the following: dark under eye circles [some cases are hereditary], pimples, acne, blemishes, huge ass pores, hyper-pigmentation, rosacea, etc. and if I missed any please forgive me.

my point is guys are not making us feel better when they say oh we don't like you to wear makeup that's bullsh*t because if all girls stopped wearing makeup then you'd say we looked like ugly slobs that didn't take care of ourselves. guys don't know half the sh*t we go through to look beautiful ((and this is just FACE, not to mention hair, body, clothes)) so they need to really chill with all this judging.

• I completely 100% agree with you.We're judged whether we wear make-up or not.When we don't,we don't take care of ourselves,we're slobs,let ourselves go,when we do,we're "fake" "insecure" "falsely advertising"

• Or you could just wash your face and don't make a huge deal out of it if you have a tiny zit on your face?

• That's a pretty condescending answer. maybe if girls werent judged so much for our appearance and more for other qualities, we wouldn't make "a huge deal if we had a tiny zit on our face". it really sounds like you don't know what you're talking about..so why are you commenting?

What Guys Said 7

• Did I miss something?

A lot of the questions?

Ummmm I see a few...most are "Does he/she like me"

As to makeup...jeeze. Believe it or not, there are guys who care less about what you look like, and more about what is going on behind your eyes.

I don't like makeup

1 It tastes nasty

2 Had allergy issues a few times due to it

So tell me...does that make me shallow? How about fussy?

• I stopped reading after the second sentence. The answer to your question is 'you, it would seem'.

Hint: if you're going to rant about something don't suggest nobody cares about that thing in the title...

• Umm obviously I'm not the only one who cares, since there are multiple questions about it. And my question was not who cares as there was no question mark at the end, if you'd bothered to read on before you made a comment silly, you would realise my question was 'Why does it bother people so much unless they are shallow?', but thank you for completely misinterpreting the whole thing (theres always one). :)

• Sorry I'm gonna have to disagree with a couple of things you said "if a girl has bad skin or acne are you really going to judge her and call her high maintenance for wanting to look good?"

I would call her stupid for putting makeup over her acne because putting makeup over acne agiatates the acne which causes her to break out even more.

and

Brushing your teeth and applying makeup are two totally different things. brushing your teeth is hygeine and makeup isn't

• The make up causing the acne to get worse thing is not true. There are make up products that are actually acne treatments. Also, any non-comedogenic products are perfectly safe and should not harm the acne. I have acne, I wear make up, and I'm far from stupid.

• Agreed with ssDancer about the make-up over acne. Most products out there are non-comodogenic these days and will not make you break out. One of the main purposes of wearing foundation, other than evening out skin tone, is to hide blemishes and red spots.

And also, brushing your teeth may be hygiene, but the other example the questioner gave, of brushing your hair, has little to do with hygiene and is more cosmetic.

• personally I prefer girls with natural beauty but even they too can look better with make up sometimes (actually, almost always). the turn off comes when the girl wears excessive amounts of make up, and even more so when its on a regular basis.

• natural (FTW) if need be just a bit of make up (but not much)

• I prefer a girl who doesn't get all dressed up and cakes makeup on her face. If a girl puts on heavy makeup just to impress guys, she's insecure about something.

• it depends if we are going uot to a club she better have some on. if its movie nite well I bet I am whit that girl because I enjoy her company I don't care about that.

What Girls Said 16

• I feel ya girl. No one has perfect skin and some concealer, AT LEAST, makes a world of difference for some girls' self esteem.

I THINK the true root of this make up paradox is that guys automatically connotate make- up to, like, red lips, fake lashes, extremely colorful shadow, and like eyeliner to the MAXXXXX.

The fact is that men don't really know what goes on in the make up process, so they don't know enough about it to judge us for wearing it. There have been many times where I just leave the house with a good foundation and people think I have ZERO make up on.

Guys are basing their assumption on what they DON'T know. I bet they also don't know that it's scientifically proven that they're more subconsciously attracted to a girl with a smokey eye, or a girl with a bold red lip. YEAH, MAKE UP.

GIRLS, PLEASE never feel afraid to wear what you WANT on your face. If you a guy doesn't want that, then isn't that the HUGEST indicator that he's not for you? Yep.

in one of those magazines (like Cosmo or Glamour) they were profiling attractive single guys and what they look for in a woman, and one guy said "I like a girl who knows know to put on eyeliner"

^

That's just proof that there is someone for everyone.

Guys, get over it. You guys could use some make up too. Ew.

• LOL. I am of the opinion that a guy couldn't care less about how much make up you have on, as long as it doesn't LOOK like you have make-up on. ;)

For me, a "natural" look consists of: concealer, foundation, powder, eyelash curler, mascara, blush, nude lipgloss/lip balm. That's like 7-8 products right there, far from natural, and I don't think there's any guy who would complain that I was wearing make-up (And hell, most of them probably wouldn't be able to tell).

• i think that the biggest issue is that you shouldnt wear makeup because of what other people are going think. you should wear it because you like or it makes you feel better.

i don't have good skin, but I don't wear makeup everyday because I'm easy going and I don't think I'm totally ugly even if you can see some pores. but I'm confident enough in the rest of my looks and personality that I know I don't need to wear it everyday to be attractive.

although I do brush my teeth everyday, I don't brush my hair everyday, not beccause I'm lazy but because its just easy and in style to have the wavy look going.

but yeah I can see why everyone asks this quetion.

• guys do judge a girl by their looks.

a girl at work I work with , she 's really pretty but has the sh*ttiest personality but all the dudes at work say hi to her

when I'm at work, they dont' say anything which really p*sses me off, sometimes a rare 'hello'...i get along with girls better.

• I feel if a girl wants to wear make up, SHE HAS EVER RIGHT TO AND SHOULD NOT BE JUDGED! I totally agree with you. I'm sick of the whole "girls shouldn't wear make up. They should show us their natural beauty." Hmm, how many girls would call their skin beautiful? Especially if their suffering from skin diseases that caused/causes them to get teased? If a girl doesn't feel beautiful, she's not going to act like it. Maybe some people are willing to look past bad skin, but there are many who aren't.

• Usually the girls who don't wear makeup and act like they are better, are just those who don't know what they are doing, you don't need to put on drag queen makeup, you just need to accentuate your features, but if they'd rather be left behind then fine. I can't even go to the shopping centre without seeing EVERYONE wearing makeup, it makes me feel like I haven't tried at all with the presentation of myself that day, and I love makeup, I just have combination, oily and dry skin, so it's not worth it for me all the time, but when it's a special occassion I wear it, and I wear it with pride.

Guys also want natural beauties, but just like them, not everyone is naturally beautiful.

• It's rare for me to ever wear makeup. I like the free time it gives me and the liberty of knowing I don't have to worry if I touch my face or something. Of course, I understand some people don't have clear skin or have things they'd like to hide, so I think it's really stupid of girls who don't wear makeup to be so condescending on those that do. I've seen many of my friends without makeup though, and they're beautiful. I just wish they could see it.

• Girls wears make-up:She's "fake" "falsely advertising" "Insecure"

Girls who don't wear make-up:Slobs,don't take care of themselves,let themselves go,don't care about appearance.

Guys do have a problem with many problems girls have:

-Under eye puffiness

-Dark circles

-Acne

-Blemishes

-Rosacea

-Pores

-Uneven skin tone

-Milia

I never see guys with "natural beauties" oh yea wait because they don't even know what a natural beauty is.

• I think make up is just there to enhance your beauty not cover up or hide your face...if you have few acne scars or what not...its fine if you put on make up to cover it up...the trick is to make yourself look as natural as possble while making it enhance your beauty :) guys want their girls to look natural...if you do a good job...they won't tell.

• Well aparently the guy is very picky lol and everymorning when you wake upp what you do it you splash your face with cold water a few times to open your pours then wash your face then if you happen to have eyesdrops then put it on any redness or zit on your face and just do that for a few days your face will be clean and zit fee it sounds crazy but works and if you only wear compact then they may not notice the makeupp

• I agree..guys get wild hair cuts and go insainly over board with there mid body.way to express themselves and we use makeup to boast our confidence.guys should get over it.as long as the chick doesn't look like a drag queen then they shouldn't care.

• shallowness depends on how much makeup you wear, and how much is really necessary. to me its considered narcissistic and selfish to care too much about personal image. there are degrees of high maintenanceof course, and can be determined by opinion.

and if a person has acne and wears makeup, they are actually making it worse by clogging their pores. so its acutally counter productive.

• I agree with you, but I'm not a big fan of make up. It always irritates me. I just wear lip gloss and eye liner (rarely but still). :)

• I think women look like trannies when they overdo it.

Blush and mascara is it - and my skin isn't perfect - who cares?!

• I totally agree with you.

• I think the girls who are asking these questions are in their early teens and just seeking attention since a lot of guys will respond to those questions. I don't take it too seriously