Clearer skin in 4 days?

OK so prom is now in 4 days and unfortunately my skin isn't in the greatest condition. I have some very mall spots and also these really small little bumps on my cheeks and forehead..but they aren't spots :/ I don't know what it is...i think its because of the sudden hot weather maybe.

but anyway does anyone know how to clear up skin and make it look smoother and flawless in 4 days? any tips would be great or maybe some routines that worked for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi Faye,

I just today came across your post. My guess is that you are still getting some blemishes and I wanted to let you know what I went through - maybe you can avoid my mistakes.

I had blemishes starting when I was about fourteen years old. I used the usual things from the chemist like Boots, but I was still getting big, red ugly blemishes that hurt my self esteem.

I just kept putting up with it because (almost) everyone gets them, and then when I was in my mid twenties I finally went to a dermatologist.

She really understood what I was going through and told me that she had lot of tricks up her sleeve. And she did.

I eventually used the "nuclear bomb" of acne, called "Accutane" here in the Colonies. Very powerful stuff, and there are lots of side effects, but you know what? I haven't had a zit in four years.

The point is that I wish I had gone to a dermatologist way back then. I would not have had to deal with the embarrassment and the thought that everyone was looking at my blemishes.

Dan

PS: Before everyone flames me: yes, I know that Accutane and pregnancy don't mix. Yes, I know it dries your skin out, and that you need pregnancy tests and birth control. Yes, I know everyone gets zits, and some people "grow out of them." But: I wish I had done something sooner. D

What Guys Said 4

• I don't know how to make your skin appear clearer apart from using make up but I might know what the small bumps are, they're called milia and they should go naturally in 2-4weeks, if they don't then see a dermatologist.

Clearasil spot cream works well to reduce redness and size.

• You've already received some really great advice on skin care products, so I'm going to offer some other advice: do not wait until the last second to change anything about your body. What you're doing is similar to girls coming here and saying "I'm going to the beach with friends in 4 days, how can I lose 20 pounds". It's crazy and really unhealthy.

Making changes to your body takes time, and any crash courses are more often than not really detrimental to your long term health. If you find a date where you want to look and feel your best, start working towards that goal at least 1-2 months ahead of time. Loading up your face with creams, washes, and cleansers is not going to be easy on your skin, and could actually work in reverse. Keep that in mind.

• But they came up so suddenly..how could I work towards it when I didn't know they were going to happen? lool. but in the weight loss thing.. yeah I know crash dieting is not good.

• eat fruits, less meat and candy, stay away from all sugar and pop, no chips, Basically only eat food that would be the same form on a tree. (untill after prom) wash your face 3 times a day, then when you wake up moisturize

• Just use makeup to cover it up

What Girls Said 6

• In my experience, ProActiv is the best acne medicine that I have ever used.

If you don't want to spend the money on that there are over the counter products that work just as well (for me anyways) like Neutrogena. Get the face make-up...I forget. I think it's called Neutrogena Acne something...you'll know it when you see it. Get that and also start washing a LOT with the Neutrogena acne stress control face wash. It'll help your face TREMENDOUSLY. I know from experience. It may not completely clear up the acne in 4 days, but it'll make it look a lot healthier and cleaner and CLEARER.

Good luck!

• try neosporin (the medicine cream for scars and cuts lol)

it works really good for me when I have those little bumps on cheeks.

• Do you get them like on your cheeks near your nose? and ok ill look for it, I've never heard of it but hopefully they will have it here. :)

• Neosporin works pretty good, but it takes foorrreeevvveerrr to work for me. And it also makes my face greasy and makes me feel gross :/

• Sometimes, mostly on cheek area though, it works really good for me, just use it over night that way your face won't be all shiny and greasy during the day.

they should have it every where since its for scars and cuts really lol

hope it works :)

• There are products out there on the market that supposedly better your skin somewhat in a minimum of 24 hours or more.

But rather than worry about your skin...have confidence in who you are and wahtever you look like

• Since I live in Arizona, and believe more in natural stuff, I use aloe to wash my face before a shower. And you can seriously see the results are the first wash. And it reduces scar marks too. No wonder they said natural stuff is the best.

Hopes this helps! :)

• wtf does that even mean... wow

• aloe? I know its a plant and since I'm assuming you don't take a piece of the plant off when you shower,is it pure aloe juice that use you? where can you buy this?

• toothpaste for fifteen minutes. It dries them out super fast. If there all over you can make a "toothpaste mask" and apply it all over.

• use this

link

everyday for 10 minutes or 5 is your skin is naturally dry

I've been using it and it's done wonders for my skin. my pores are smaller and it's gotten rid of the majority of my blemishes.