How to tell a girl that she is pretty?

So I have been friends with this girl for over two years and I saw her today and she looked really pretty. We text each other almost every day and I want to tell her that she was really pretty the other day. I just don't want it to seem really awkward. We are friends and I would like to at least stay friends if not more than that. Any advice on telling her how she is pretty without seeming awkward (will it seem awkward if I don't ask her out after that or will she just take it as a compliment?)

Most Helpful Girl

first start a conversation with her, since you text her like everyday.

and then try to fit in the conversation saying "oh by the way, you looked pretty the other day, like always" or something like that so she can focus her attention on you. try flirting with her like that, if you really want to go out with her.

OKAY, do NOTT ask her out over text. I hate it when guys do that, its so MUCH BETTER to do it in person. that makes it more special.

well I hope everything works out, and you take my advice (:<3