Severe periods... help!!!

Ok so I have the type of period where I get SEVERE cramps and I throw up and it hurts for me to move until a ton of advil kicks in and I am always tired. This type of period has a name but I'm not sure what it is. Anyways I was wondering what types of things I can do to lower the severity of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ever tried yoga? Cramping happens when your muscles are contracting. If you practice yoga, you can reduce the severity of those cramps by stretching out those muscles.

I don't have that severe of cramps during my period but I gotta say, I do not have to take my Motrins when Aunt Flow comes to town now that I am taking yoga.

By doing it regularly, you are doing all sorts of beneficial things for your physical and mental body.

What Guys Said 1

• The only thing I remember is that some girls get birth control. That really helps regulate the severe menstruation. Talk to your doctor, he will know what to do.

What Girls Said 3

• wow you sound exactly like me but what I do to get rid of it is take a hot hot bath and then after that just curl up in a little ball and try to take a nap

• you need to be on birth control. I have friends tht have this and they had to go on birth control

• I get that too sometimes.

Usually all that works for me is a heating pad.