On the hunt for a first job?

I have never had a job before therefore I have no real experience to make a good resume. I really need a job so does anyone have advice for me on how to make a good impression, where to look, and just anything to lead me to getting hired?

Most Helpful Guy

• Check out the local mall or newspaper in the career section. Turn in apps to all the stores, it increases your chances of getting hired. Always ask for the manager when you walk in the place. If you get a interview dress up nice. Always shake their hand when you walk in before you sit down. Sit up in the seat and shake there hand when you stand up. Always thank them for their time.

• Alrighty ArmyStrong thanks for the advice, apprecite it

What Guys Said 2

• Retail is always a good place for a first job.

My first job was retail right out of high school. No resume no nothing.

• Ok I will try, thank you

• Well, if you live in the United States of Obama.. there are no jobs. But I am sure if you go down to welfare you will absolutely get a check of some sort. If you're illegal, that won't matter.

What Girls Said 2

• Make sure you call to follow up your applications. Give it about a week, maybe a week and a half, and if you haven't heard from them, then call.

Also, smile a lot.

• Oh OK I never thought about the calling back part, thanks

• I assume you're not looking about a career, just a part time summer job. With the economy the way it is, you need to be persistent. Don't just sit at home by the phone, actually go to the stores and talk to thee managers in person.