Do you dress to attract the other gender?

This is a simple poll. I'm basically trying to figure out if more guys or girls use good clothes to attract the other gender.

Note:

For girls, this doesn't mean slutty clothing. It could be anything cute if you think it would attract a guy.

• I dress to attract the other gender
  • I don't dress to attract the other gender
Wow, it's almost an even split.
Okay, now girls are taking a slight lead.
So Far:

Girls: 65%

Guys: 60%

Most Helpful Girl

• I chose B. I dress for myself, period. Many of the things I like to wear I couldn't really imagine being especially appealing to guys. In fact, some of the things I wear many guys have said specifically that they dislike... :P On the other hand, sometimes I wear things that probably are attractive to the other gender, but it's purely coincidence, haha. I guess whether it would attract guys is sometimes sort of an afterthought, like if I wanted to be more confident with a guy, I would try to dress in something out of the latter category. I honestly don't think guys care too much though.

What Girls Said 27

• i don't dress to just impress.

I wear what I wear to express myself, to make myself seen in a positive way by strangers, to gain respect. I never leave the house if I'm wearing something I wouldn't wear to school.

It also takes time to know what you like, and once you have your style down, the next step is to modify it so that its appealing to the other gender.

I find it difficult to get dressed without thinking of others. What will the reaction be, how will they judge me, will I get stared at, and if there's a chance I see someone with the same outfit.

I don't necessarily dress the way I dress to impress guys. I dress to gain respect, from both genders. Hopefully my shoes are what give me my look. I just want respect from strangers.

• No, I sometimes dress for others in general, but not for men specifically.

It wouldn't make a difference if I dressed for men anyway. They don't seem to notice me either way. Mostly I dress in whatever's comfortable, which is usually a t-shirt and jeans (or jean shorts).

There's really nothing else I can wear to attract people. I'm just not shaped right to wear any cute girly tops. I 'm so flat-chested, I'd be flashing people if I wore a top that came down more than a couple inches below my collar bone.

• Everyone dresses to make themselves look good in public, but I don't go overboard with the coochie cutter shorts and revealing tops - that's what I consider dressing to impess the other sex.

• I try to find clothes that flatter me and make me feel confident. My factors in shopping are the three C's (which I just came up with now) - comfort, cute-ness, and cost-effectiveness. If guys like what I'm wearing, it's just an added bonus.

• I don't dress to attract other guys. I think it's kind of useless to do so. You might get their attention, but if it's not your style it's not really you that you're showing.

• "but if it's not your style it's not really you that you're showing" this very true

• I picked "A" but it also sort of depends. I don't always dress to attract, usually I dress down. I like having my hair tied and minimal makeup because it's just easy and nothing comes before comfort. ha ha :) But on rare occasions however, I do sort of dress "cute" or "sexy" for a guy. lol and the sexiest I've done is a little bit of cleavage, otherwise I'm mostly in tees and skinny jeans.

• Not really. I try to look nice, but I'm not really thinking about guys in particular, except on special occasions/ dates. I wear what I feel happy in.

• i dress the way which I think looks good on me and I feel comfortable in. if it attracts the opposite gener, great, if it doesn't, oh well.

• Depends, if I'm going out to the bar then yes, if I'm hanging out with my friends I just wear something cute, if I'm going shopping or running errands no, any old t-shirt or tank top will do for that.

• ...I dress the way which makes me feel comfortable and confident...I don't really care about how others think about it, I don't give much thought about it.I don't dress to impress people.I don't feel the need to do that.

• For the most part, I dress however I want, unless I go shopping with the goal of finding something to impress someone.. which doesn't happen often, but once or twice I've specificly gone shopping to get an outfit to impress a guy.

• I dress to attract when my man's around and when I'm just in the mood to. Other times I'll dress laidback but still nice.

• I wear whatever I feel like wearing, not really to impress anyone.

• I dress for me since it doesn't matter to guys ; they don't look my way anyways and they don't matter.

So. I dress what's comfy and I think is cute.

• usually I stick to my normal clothing but if I really like a guy then I'll try to wear nicer clothes

=]

• I dress how I want to dress I want to feel comfortable with what I'm wearing.

• I know a girl shouldn't impress anyone and be themselves, but I can't help to make sure I look good for a guy :) It's fun to pick out really cute clothes when you're gonna hang out with a guy. I don't know how to explain it

• hmm!

seriously I dress to comfort my self and to be more confidante.

• I do a bit of both, I suppose. I wear what I feel good in , and it's usually something that looks good too. Lol Though often times I dress to be comfortable, because who gives a f*** about looking hot for people at school? I don't.

• I like to look good and comfy but if I am interested in a guy I do take more care to dress better than randomm days if you know what I mean like wearing a dress something that shows my best body features.

• Not really. I just dress in whatever I'm comfortable in.

• Not really. I just dress how I want. Not with the intentions to impress the opposite sex though.

• Hell no. If he can't see past what I'm wearing (or if it even matters to him) then he's not worth bothering with. I'll make an effort only on special occasions.

• Guys never notice. I dress to impress myself. See if I can top the last outfit with as much sexiness yet classiness as the last. lol

• depends

• its kinda both combined for me, I mean its not like I have a choice for only one of those, but rather they work simultaneously. I wear what I like, what others like on me and thus what my man likes on me too...if its something in particular I enjoy wearing but my boyfriend tells me he doesnt, then I wouldn't like it anymore on me either and would stop wearing it.

• yes I would wear something cute to attract a guy, but at the same time I would wear something that I think looks good on me. I'm not gonna be uncomfortable trying to impress guys if I know nothing's gonna happen.

What Guys Said 19

• I dress up to feel good about myself, not because I want to attract women.

Nice casual dress shirt + good jeans, and a pair of shiny black boots makes me a confident guy who feels better than everyone else.

Or sometimes, I'll put my bandana on to match the colors of my T-shirt to give off a bad boy look.

• Girls especially don't THINK about guys when they shop for clothes, , but the styles they buy are desinged to show them off in the best light. Women are aware of that but don't give it a lot of thought. Now French women, who dress more modestly and genrally informally, give it a LOT of thought...

• Why.. would you single french women out like that? we're just a different nationality.

informally? I beg to differ.

• French women are special' yes, day to day, they dress more informally than US women, who are flashier in general.

• The only thing that is less flashy about what french women wear is that they wear a lot of like black/grey/white, that's it. It's not less formal or anything.

• I dress in what looks good on me. Not just to attract others (though there is that), but because I like looking good. If I go out looking like a slob, I'm not nearly as confident as I should be.

• I dress up, cause I like to dress up. Catching the eye of a girl is just the icing on the cake really.

• I dress in assless chaps, gets me all the ladies I need

• I dress to be comfortable normally. Sometimes I dress according to the upcoming situation, ie; jobsite, client meeting, dinner out to a 5 star, camping, etc. If a girl likes what I'm wearing, all the better.

• I usualy just dress in what I feel comfortable in

• Unless I'm going on a date or going out with girls I see potential in, I just dress to impress myself. If I wear something I think looks good, then it's good enough. :D

• Neither, and both at the same time.

I take pride in how I dress. Makes me feel good to be rocking a fly suit. I do it for myself. It's an added bonus it also works in adding to my attraction potential.

• i've picked up girls looking like complete sh*t after working out... /shrug doesn't matter as much if you're a guy

• To all girls and guys who say they dress only for themselves...bullsh*t. I would say with the 14-34 demographic, 90% dress to impress. I mean seriously, what's up with the dishonesty?

• Sure, skintight jeans and a tank top... comfortable

• Don't judge me just because I wear my pink slut suit around town with my cheeks hanging out.

• I don't but that's why I don't get girls. I need to get on that asap!

• i don't dress to attract, I dress not to repluse

• I wear whatever is most practical for the tasks at hand.

• I dnt havta worry about dressing to attract the other gender...

• I always thought girls dressed to impress other girls. Surprise.

• hate to say it, but I really don't care how I dress. I got a ripped body so I rely more that.