How to make my hair less hard & crunchy?

Okay, my hair is like naturally super super curly. & if I don't put mousse&hairspray in it. my hair becomes like, a complete frizz ball. I'm not even kidding you. & I straighten it in the winter, but I can't in the summer, because from the heat it gets all puffy again. :/ but when I'm kissing/making out with a guy, I know they like to run their hands through my hair. but I don't want them to (well they cant) if my hair is all hard from the hairspray.. but I don't want them to be grossed out when they go to do it but cant. lol. so my question is, how do I make my hair stay nice & curly(NOT FRIZZY). without it being hard? any certain tips,tricks, brands of products? thanks.

i know I look really weird and gross here. ha ha but anyways, you could see how my hair looks.(btw, I am not cross-eyed. it looks like it but I'm not. lol)

link

i don't want your comments on how ugly I am, or how weird I look. lol, because I already know. so just suggestions about what to do with my hair. thanks! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah I agree with lialove, you so not ugly and that dress IS adorable :)

im not sure what brands are the best, but I can tell you that whatever hair products you buy just look at the ingredients and make sure there is no alcohol, (cetyl alcohol is fine, because it actually softens and moisturizes). Alcohol is drying and it when it strips the moisture from your hair that causes it to become hard and stiff. I'm sure any brand will work great for you, you just have to look out for those drying ingredients :) hope I helped!

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 14

• try any product which has a good amount of silicone, or dimethicone in it because it repels water and keeps hair frizz free and at the same time stops the hair from losing moisture...you'll need a good shampoo to wash it out, a shampoo that lathers well and keep the product away from the roots as it'll make your hair look lank, add a little at a time to wet hair and style as usual (natural drying looks awesome using those products). I'm talking from experience erm I don't know if you have john frieda frizz ease in USA but read ingredients of products and look out for those ingredients at the top of ingredient list

• Btw, your hair will come out glossy and no where near crunchy and really soft to touch x

• Your dress is super cute!

...Try something trough aussie, they're products work great. OR

Just go to walmart [stay away from gel and mousse] and look around at the products they have.. Get an anti-frizz serum they work great, and you won't have frizzy hair.

You want to get something that just tames your hair down, and gets rid or the frizz and fly aways. Also try getting a leave in conditioner, that'll help.

• Thanks for your answer. :) sometimes I use aussie hairspray, & have a leave in conditioner. but I will deffinatly try the anti-frizz serum. thankss!

• frizz milk can help, but there's this one product I used to rely on a lot it's called Phyto (have multiple products) you can find it at sephora. worked great for me with my natural curl/frizz disasters in rain and summer

• my hair is crazy curly too, my cousins have naturally afro hair and I asked them what they do to control it, and they suggested Luster's pink products.

link

this stuff is AMAZING, you but it on when your hair is damp, I scrunch it into my hair and then blow dry with a diffuser.. and it stops frizz. if you are going to get any product for curly hair, get this one. I think it is meant for afro type hair, but it works SO well on mine.

also, leave in conditioner (I use tresemme, frizz free stuff) and pantene pro-v, perfect curls shampoo/conditioner.

or you can try aussie leave in conditioner for frizz free hair, you leave it on for like 3 minutes in the shower, and it makes your hair really smooth and soft.

hope this helps, I know how long it took me to figure out which products combine to make my hair like it is, and it is a stress and a half.

• If you want the best ouf your hair then your gonna have to use salon brand name shampoo(ex. Wella, Matrix, Paul Michelle, infusium 23, Redken, Nioxin, Tigi, & Ect.). They are more gentle on your hair and better for it. They have high quality ingredients and target your hair needs. Make you sure you get the right type though, if you have color or highlights get a color shampoo, if you want smooth hair get a smoothing shampoo. If you want more control using a leave in conditioner works very well with curly hair and protects it.

• I have curly hair and whenever my hair gets hard from the hairspray I just squeeze the hard parts of my hair from my scalp all the way down to the tips when it drys and I found out it doesn't destroy the curls, makes it frizz, but makes it soft, or you can use your nails a little on the hard parts but that puffs the strand up a little. feel free to message me if you need more help.

• FIRST OF ALL... youaren't ugly or weird looking.Secondlymy daughter has kinkycurlyhair and I have found one thing that's helps her hair and I will never use anything else plus it hepls to be able to sraighten it in humid weather.It's called hawaiin silky and I don't know where you live but where I am I get it at a storecalledsally's beauty supply.just go to a beauty supply store and ask for it. It doesn't get hard when it dries it's like lotion for hair

• Http://www.sallybeauty.com/Hawaiian-Silky-Miracle-Worker/SBS-615082,default,pd.html HERE IS A PIC

• 0|0
  • Your hair looks good in the picture you provided. Yeah I hear you about curly hair. I've got kinda the same problem. It's gets all frizzy in the heat and it has been hot lately. What I try and do to keep the frizz down is use shampoo that is sulfate free, don't dye it anymore, or use any blow-dyers, straighteners, and curling irons. Hope this hopes a little bit..

• I used to use this product called "wet" by Sebastian. It really tamed my curls. It really didn't make my hair hard like gel or hairspray would leave my hair. So, you can try that.

By the way, you're not ugly or weird-looking. lol. You're a beautiful girl.

• Haha thanks, but to be completly honest, that is a terrible picture. lol.

& thanks, I've never heard of that. where did you find it? or do I have to order it online?

• I heard that they discontinued it, but I still see some bottles being sold. I've seen it at local beauty supply stores. So, try going to a lesser-known beauty supply store.

• My step-sister has super curly hair just like yours and what works for her is Tresseme (sorry if I spelled it wrong) shampoo and conditioner and that all she has to do. Also if you brush your hair while it has conditioner in it in the shower that'll help get any tangles out without it being ridiculously painful :)

• I just answered a question like this. I sell Avon products. Avons Lotus Shield Anti Frizz Serum is the best I've encountered. I tried it before I started selling and fell in love. It's so light that its virtually not even there. AND it lasts for 3 days... so you don't have to reapply every day. even if you wash your hair everyday. Its $12. If you need to know how to go about getting it, get at me, and I'll let you know. Good luck!

• CHI serum,found in most salons. my mom has a white-woman afro,she uses this...we live in because canada in the mountains,her hair is silky and frizz free every winter!

• What you need is a gell that you put in your hair before you below dry it that is anti frizz and for curly hair..then what you need to do it use a diffuser on your blow dryer and well la! your curls are enhanced and softer