Do you think I can pull off the goth look?

My boyfriend loves the whole goth look, and I was thinking about giving it a try. Lols! I'm not going to go off and completely change my style or anything, but I thought since he likes it so much, it would be a nice little surprise for him. I'm not goth, so I'm not sure if it would really look good on me or not, though... :P What are your guys' opinion? There are pics in my profile! And help me out on things I can possibly do please. ^_^

Most Helpful Girl

• I know I'm not a guy but I'm gonna answer anyway.

In my experience, a girl with alternate style can turn heads if done properly, it is important to ensure that you feel confident and comfortable in yourself whatever you're wearing. Also, it is key that all the clothes fit well and feel good on the body, to create the best out of the figure and shape of the woman.

Oh and just a quick thing, your boyfriend should find you hot in whatever you wear but if you're only doing it as a treat/short term sort of thing then good for you, good way to add some spice and excitement.

You're a really pretty girl and you could honestly pull of a scene/emo sort of style, which is just a more feminine step up from the Gothic look. There are many different definitions and opinions on what the 'Gothic style' is but here is what I think would drive a guy mad in your situation. I think you should get some dark red lipstick on, some darker make - up, use eye shadows, liquid eyeliner and pencil eyeliner to create smokey eyes or bat winged shading styles using blacks, greys, purples and silvers - I think wikihow has a good explanation of how to do this sort of make up style/ You should really emphasise your top eyelashes with song long length mascara to make it a bit different because with the eye shadow, the eyes need to become defined using the mascara. Get some skinny jeans if you haven't already and cute t-shirts and hoodies in nice colours. Black short-shorts with leopard print tights and sweet little vintage print dresses will also do you some favours. If you're aiming to take this too the bedroom, maybe get some black over the knee socks or suspenders with some lacey black underwear?

Wow, did not mean for this answer to be that long haha!

Good luck :)

What Guys Said 7

• Yes, with a lot of makeup you could be a believable goth. But you don't have the weird personality for it...if that matters to him.

• I feel like goth is cheap, unexciting and actually sad. You should remain you and not make a change because th Boyfriend wants it. you look great as it is and he's lucky to have you.

• I never planned on changing my look for him. I just thought I could try a sort of dress up type thing for fun and to surprise him since that's the sort of thing he likes. He definitely does accept me the way I am, so there's no trouble about that. Thank you so much for your answer. ^_^

• Try some gothic lolita stuff. It'll blend very well with your current style and I think it will satisfy his gothic allure.

• Goth no. Emo/scene yes. Unless you're considering them the same thing. You'd look amazing with the emo/scene look.

• Anyone over the age of 15 should never go goth or emo or any of that sh*t.

• im not sure goths can pull off the goth look. scene look you could pass for

• Going goth is a huge downgrade in my opinion. Plus, he should be happy with what you wear and not whine that you should dress a certain way to make him happy. It's your life though

• He doesn't whine about the way I look or dress at all. He loves it. But he also loves the goth look. I just want to do this for fun and try to surprise him. I have no intention of changing myself at all.

What Girls Said 0