It's summer now and I really like cut off denim shorts like these: link but I am self conscious about my legs I'm not pale I'm just not tan if that makes any sense and no matter how long I'm out in the sun for I never get any darker, my legs are naturally muscular so kind of like a mixture Serena Williams and Alicia Keys legs, do you think I can pull of that type of shorts? if not what do you suggest?

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, don't worry about being "too pale" or "too tan". No one really cares that much about your skin tone; I, for one, never notice that sort of thing even when the person points it out.

Second, in response to Smilelove's advice, while she's correct that wearing lighter shades will make you look tanner, they also have a tendency to make you look wider (not saying that your concerns are valid or anything; your weight looks quite normal in your photos). To be honest, if you're seeking to elongate the look of your legs, avoid shorts or pants that break up your body (ex. cuffed shorts, horizontal stripes, or too much detail) and go for ones in darker colors. Don't worry about girls whose thighs don't touch, either. That has to do with several factors, including the width of the girl's hips AKA the further apart the hips are set, the less likely her thighs are to touch.

What Guys Said 3

• I think you could definately pull that off.

• Sure, legs like the ones you describe would look good in those shorts.

• I don't think anyone can pull of those shorts. They look ugly.

What Girls Said 3

• my legs are toned and a little muscular from jogging lots. I think it's fine to wear shorts. I Wear skirts and summer dresses personally but it's OK to show off that you're fit and healthy too. no shame in that. :)

• Oh for sure.

If you want your legs to look tanner, you should try wearing lighter color shorts and nice tone legs are good (I run, so I know how you feel). Sometimes I think I have huge calves, but everyone is their own biggest critic. :)

• My thighs are the huge things because I look at other girls and their thight don't even touch and I'm like oh :/

• Oh that's still not a problem, just don't wear super short shorts. They can still be cutoffs, just covering half way down your thighs versus just your bottom. Don't worry about big thighs, I'm sure you look fine :).

• most definitely. you sound like you have toned legs