What to wear for a wedding?

I am going to a wedding on July 24th and I am not sure what to wear. I was thinking maybe a simple white dress and then some fun bright artsy wedges? Its a backyard wedding so not super fancy. Any comments, dos or don'ts or other ideas?

So I am taking it no white? ha ha Thanks everyone should of known :]

Most Helpful Girl

• no white! that's the bride's color. Stay away from beige, white, cream, etc

Since it's not too formal, dresses like these would be appropriate

link

link

link

link

What Guys Said 7

• don't do white... the the brides job

unless its like a theme for every one to where white

maybe a flower pattern dress or some bright color.

its summer =\

give my regards to the bride and groom

• Don't be more beautiful than the bride, don't wear white.

Simple black dresses usually work best.

• Neither white (of coruse) or black should be worn at a wedding.

• Why wouldn't black be good? Of course there's a difference between 'funeral black' and 'wedding black'... But I was at three different wedding past 1.5 years and black was pretty dominant - with various accessoires of course

• just where an amazing white dress and out-do the bride.

• If the weather is nice, and as you said, outdoors, a pretty summer dress always goes down well.

• Your Birthday Suit!

• Wear bikini on wedding, it's will be surprised for everyone lol.

• no white. don't upstage the bride she gets to wear white. no black either..ur not going to a funeral..even if it is that little black dress every girl HAS to have. lol. what about your fav. color in something that's not as elegant as the brides dress

What Girls Said 20

• As everyone has already said, white is a no-no because the Bride should be the only one to wear this colour so she stands out amongst her guests, just wear a long or medium length dress that you are comfortable in, even a maxi dress if you can pull of that look? Perhaps wear something which is a typical wedding sort of colour, like a red, purple, light pink or light blue. Wedges are a good idea or even simple high heels, just as long as you're comfortable, confident and will be able to wear whatever you pick for a reasonably long peroid of time :) Good luck!

• No White and No black either!

Don't upstage the bride.

Don't wear the same colour as the bridesmaids.

Don't wear a massive hat, this isn't Ascot and you're aren't the bride's mother.

Don't wear a short skirt or a halter neck

Do keep your makeup simple.

If you want to wear a hat, wear a mini topper or a fascinator.

Go for a simple updo with your hair, again nothing too fancy as you're not the focus of attention that day.

Do have fun, mix and mingle, and make sure you laugh at the bad dad dancing which always seems to go hand in hand with weddings! xx

• The rules of "no white" are old fashioned. Back in the day, a guest NEVER wore white to upstage the bride. Today.. you caan wear white all year round but it used to be that white was NEVER worn after Labor Day. Like I said.. I have been to hundreds of weddings and can assure you ladies that LOTS of people wear white. This is not a formal wedding! It's backyard. White is fine. Trust me.

• just maybe ask what their color theme and try to coordinate to that. that's just a suggestion though.

• haha KATIE! awww can't wait to see you :)

• i personally say don't wear white..that colors for the bride on her day.

Go with something colorfull!

• Agree with others no white dress unless it has other colours and patterns in it. You don't want to upstage the bride. Going to a wedding myself on the same day. Going to wear a navy dress just below knee.

• I think your suggestion sounds perfect. I am a professional wedding vendor and your choice would be really cute, fun, and Summery. Have fun!

• Don't wear a white dress. Only the bride should be in white. A sundress would be great.

• ahhhh no white!

• I'd only say white is acceptable if its well accented with color (beyond the wedges). Maybe a bright scarf as a tie around with an artsy big ol' necklace to match, so that the focus is far and away from the white. That color really is for the bride. No full length either. I have a similar outdoor wedding scenario later this summer, I'm going to pick up a cute spring/summer dress with chic heels and run with that.

• don't wearpletely white dress, that's for he bride

make sure it has some color and patterns to it.

• No white for sure, but I wouldn't wear black either - you'll look a little morbid wearing white to an outdoor wedding, wear a cute, summer-y dress, or a tan knee length skirt with a pastel coloured top.

***Just remember the bride might not notice if you look 'too' good, but everyone else will and that's a really uncomfortable thing to deal with. Be cute and pretty, but leave beautiful to the bride :)

• like most people have already said, don't wear white

but maybe a light pastel color dress would be appropiate.

i just went to a wedding last week at the botanical gardens

i wore a bright floral dress

=]

• I'm pretty sure that only the bride is supposed to wear white.

• NO WHITE... Unless you feel like having everyone at the wedding give you evil glares all day

• Do not wear white. That's the one rule for weddings, only the bride gets to wear white. I would just wear a cute sundress. Since it's an outside wedding that would do perfectly.

link

Something like that would work well. :) Have fun!

• you don't wear white, ivory, or cream to a wedding

• NO white!

• Other people already said this, but just reiterating: don't wear white! You could wear a nice sundress or skirt, knee-lengthish. Wedges sound good.