What is the actual flavor of Mountain Dew?

I have the hugest love with mountain dew, but I can't put a description of the taste. I have looked for it, but the closest I can find is that its a limeade style drink, but its not literally limeade. Please I just have to find this out!

Ingredients

CARBONATED WATER, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CONCENTRATED ORANGE JUICE, CITRIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, SODIUM BENZOATE, CAFFEINE, SODIUM CITRATE, ERYTHORBIC ACID, GUM ARABIC, CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA , BROMINATED VEGETABLE OIL, YELLOW 5

Natural Flavor A natural flavor is a flavor that is derived from a natural substance such as a fruit or fruit juice, spice, vegetable or herb. The term natural flavor is defined by the FDA, and all of our natural flavors meet this definition.
So I'm trying to figure the natural flavors, is it lemon and lime? it shows concentrated orange juice so that is what the hint of orange comes from

Most Helpful Girl

• To me, it has a lemon-lime flavor with a hint of orange

• Never thought of it like that

• Yeah, but I think he wanted to know exactly what the "citrus flavor" was.

• She is right I wanted something exact, sorry themastaplan you did say if first and I'm not a believer of the whole ask a quesiton and never select best answer so I just quickly picked one, I won't lie it should have been you

What Girls Said 4

• Mmm, high fructose corn syrup. Means they can't manufacture it in the UK :( Stupid health guidelines...

• I'm sorry to hear that, your missing out on a great drink! (soda)

• Oh I have tried it, very few shops have it shipped over (it's expensive) and my boyfriend brought some back when he went to the states. It was so tasty :(

• I wish that shit was banned here. They try and put in close to everything. We need more health regulations here. the food quality is on a downward slope.

• it is a citrus flavored soda

• Ok it can be that, but if it were, what kind of citrus flavor? I mean squirt is a cactus citrus flavor so what would mountain dew be?

• Citrus flavored soft drink.

And yes you still have a pretty face ;)

• :) Thanks, and I think that it like lemon, orange, lime.

• it's kinda citrusy and limey

What Guys Said 3

• im drinking it right now...majority of the ingrediants is cirtus...now think of it like this - its a citrus flavors drink mixed with a little bit of orange...imagine sierra mist mixed with orange soda...if that isn't the best answer then I don't know what is...again take a sip...imagine sieerra mist with slice...i think you can't go wrong there...so I'd say citrus orange flavor...

• It says concentrated orange juice not orange soda, plus it has natural flavors and I'm looking for what natural flavors they are referring to. I have looked on the net but I was hoping someone would actually know because the net doesn't really specify.

• Does not say natural citrus flavor just says natural flavors, but I didn't say you didn't answer the question.

• Oh well I was drinking diet MD and the 3rd one says natural citrus flavors...maybe its different with regular?

• I think awesome is a good name for it. lol Honestly though I really can't think of a way to describe Mtn Dew.

• i believe it has watermelon flavoring in it as well