I like to dress my boyfriend.

i like to buy nice casual shirts or cologne that smells awesome for my boyfriend.

he always wears the stuff I get him. but recently a girlfriend of mine told me she thinks it's weird, and asked how would I like if he "dressed me up like his personal barbie doll." I was kind offended.

any girls out there that can't resist picking up a shirt or sweater they think will look great on their man?

guys, do you mind this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I buy stuff for my guy, but I always give it to him with the receipt and the understanding that if he feels like he won't wear it then he should return it. I do love grabbing things that will look great on him, but I recognize that I have to temper myself a bit. It can be a little smothering to a guy if he doesn't feel like he can return it. And I think that some guys find it emasculating to have their clothes picked out for them. Plus sometimes we are just wrong. For a long time I wanted my guy to wear flat front pants and he said that he couldn't. I finally got him to try some on a couple weeks ago. He was right, he really can't wear them.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't mind it if she wants to go shopping with me or buys me a few things here and there but I do draw the line when she thinks I am seven and need to be dressed from head to toe - That is what mothers were for when we grow up unless the guy has zero style.

• no I never mind when my girlfriend gets stuff for me.People who doesn't have loved ones to get stuff for,only dress up barbie dolls.it's quite natural for parents to buy for their children and husbands for wives .in ur case also it's quite same in your case also. the only thing that should bother you is whether he likes what you get for him so take him with you and get what both of you like.

What Girls Said 5

• It is really great when a couple feel comfortable enough to allow each other to express their

total ideas on different topics. So if he feels comfortable, I see that as great! And no, I don't

think that he would dress you up as a barbie doll, and if he wanted you to have something

special he would so do. I also think that this shows you are have a close and maturing

relationship.

Don't worry about your girlfriend. She is just a little jealous and would like it if you were

toned down to her level of acceptance.

Keep it going.

• If I like something that I think will look good on one of my guy friends, I buy it hands down. I don't think its a bad thing to dress your bf, but you have to have a certain limit. As long as you don't lose his personality and style by buying casual shirts and colognes then it should be fine. Just don't treat your boyfriend like a 2 year old, that will mess things up. You can buy him stuff ocassionaly, or help him chose his clothes - stating your own opinions. But, if EVERTHING he owns is coming from you, then that's not all that great.

• I used to love getting stuff for my ex, he was an artist and I would always pick the coolest stuff at Micheals that I knew he'd love.

But I never got him clothes, a cologne yah never clothes probably cause I was scared he wouldn't like it.

But I wouldn't had mind if he'd bought me clothes, I'd see it as a sweet gesture. You know he's thinking of me when while shops =}

• I always do that. I know his style & size & favorite colours, so it's no big deal.

I do it because he never spends his money on himself. So I want to give him something in return and spend some of my money on him :)

But I think for this to work it is important that you do not "dress him up" in your own taste but respect his own choice of style.

• I've never bought my man clothes. Yet. Lol. But I do give not so subtle hints about his clothes. What I think looks sexy on him and the ones that dont, and which other clothes would look good on him.

Honestly, my boy's taste was lacking before I came along. He NEEDED my help. He was a bit geeky, adorable, but geeky. Now he is way hot! He grew out his hair a little bit and changed his style some. I slobber every time I see him.

Think of it as bringing out what only you know is hidden there, not playing Ken. If he doesn't mind wearing clothes you buy him, then why not? He might want you to help, Unless he doesn't like them and is just being nice.