I've never been asked out before, why?

So I'm a JR in highschool. I'm not ugly at all and many say I look like a model or doll. I am also quiet and I'm very nice to people (few exceptions). I do well in school and have a few advanced classes. Some girls are even surprised I've never been asked out or have a boyfriend, one of my friends even told a guy I had a boyfriend (she thought I did). Someone even was going to ask me ,but never did anyway. Thanks for your answers.

Most Helpful Guy

• Figured I'd post back and just tell you to not worry about it. Granted, I'm a guy, but I really didn't have a single date (or dance, or whatever) until I was 20 (I lived out in the boons in HS and couldn't drive anywhere, so I had to wait until college).

Believe it or not it has absolutely nothing to do with you, per se. Attractive girls in highschool are often not asked out because most guys in highschool lack the confidence to ask girls like you out. They are even more insecure about themselves than you seem to be (nothing wrong with that, you will grow out of it).

Take it from a guy that's been there- guys simply don't have the cajones at that age to try to have a relationship with a woman that they feel is more attractive than themselves. Their fear of rejection or failure prevents them from gaining the courage to ask a beautiful girl out.

I'm sorry to hear that a beautiful, smart young lady like you can't get a date in highschool. Stick in there, do your best, and no doubt you will end up having a great time in college and will end up with the guy you deserve. Just hang in there!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Don't think there is anything wrong with you, so scratch that out. To have something in life you must act like you already have it. You have to be careful because the same way your friends think your taken there might be other rumors like that going around that guys hear. You might giving everyone the idea that you already have a boyfriend, so they don't bother or you can somehow be pushing them away. with how quiet you are guys like girl that they could have a conversation with someone fun. Another possibility is that guys must think that because you are so pretty they don't have a chance with you so they don't bother.

The other weird I see and this happened to me. I never had a guy hit on me like decent ones till I had a boyfriend. I don't know why but for some weird reasons guys see something in a girl that is taken. w/e the case may be whatever doesn't want you doesn't deserve you. there will eventually be a guy that likes you for exactly how you are.

• Hun, I have that same problem! I often wonder that same question! I'm your typical blonde haired blue eyed girl. I never cuss and never say mean or rude things! I have never gotten a guys number before. I've had two boyfriends but, they were always people I've known for a long time! I just want to ask.are you shy at all?I know I am! I sometimes think that's my problem. I don't put myself out there enough. I just get intimidated by guys sometimes, and when I get nervous I stop talking! lol. Yeah if anyone has an answer to your question I would like to know too! haha.

• Well, try smiling and talking more,trust me,I know it's hard for a shy person,but if you don't talk to them,they're never going to know what a cool person you are.Good luck : ]