Is this healthy?

A sandwich with just turkey, cheese and mayonnaise? I'm trying to eat healthy and don't care too much for tomatoes and lettuce is alright but I can do without. is that still a healthy sandwich? Anything fattening about it?

0|0
6|0

Most Helpful Girl

• its only unhealthy when you don't get enough nutritions...turkey has some protein and cheese has some protein and calcium, is you're bread whole grain...don't get confused between "mulit" and "whole" grain...you want the WHOLE grain. Multi grain strips the nutrients you get out of whole grain and you're only left with the bread that looks like whole grain but contains no nutrients (fiber) which you need to keep your metabolism going. also people tend not to like tomatoe and other veggies in their sandwhiches because people aren't eating them when there ripe or in season. you can add advocado...good fat for you. you should also switch to mustard...much healthier than mayo but mayo is okay too. they also say tomotoe is good for you...and it helps find cancer and has many vitamins. hoped I helped. :)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.

What Girls Said 5

• The mayo and the cheese are definitely fattening, and the type of bread that you're using most likely is too. Keep the turkey, use whole wheat and opt for a low fat cheese, and veggies that you like. If you need a condiment, use mustard instead of mayo. Mayo= pure fat.

2|0
    0|0
  • Mayo maybe isn't the best, but a little bit on a sandwich won't kill you. Cheese is good for you, and so is bread, although you can get breads that are better than others.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah its healthy. But if you use mayo, use light mayo or put less on the sandwhich. Or you might wanna put some mustard on it instead because it has no calories. I think overall its OK you do need some fat in your body so its working right.

0|0
    0|0
    • Mustard also helps burn calories

• Oh really? I didn't know that. That's good. Oh yeah and water helps burn calories because the more you workout and drink it makes your cells want more.

• Try eliminating the cheese and the mayo. Or just use less of it.

There are other stuff you can add besides lettuce and tomatoes. Be creative. Explore new veggies. Try adding cilantro, spinach, or alfalfa.

Oh, and it also depends on the bread you're using. Try switching to whole wheat.

0|0
    0|0
  • turkey is healthier compared with other red meat

0|0
    0|0