Why do girls feel I'm "too good" for them?

Whenever I've had a relationship before, it has usually ended because of me being "too good" for them, but mostly when I show interested in a girl which I am at the moment who I think is incredibly beautiful, but she sometimes says I'm "too good" for her and isn't sure why I'm not going for better looking girls. I can't understand this as beauty is obviously in the eye of the beholder isn't it? Although, she doesn't rate herself much either.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls who say that someone is "too good" for them surely must be insecure, and value themselves very little. Some words of wisdom for you: It takes time to find good apples, sometimes it requires climbing up to the top of the tree.

It might not be insecurity, though. "Your too good for me" might be the new "Its not you, it's me".Roughly translated it means "I don't want to be with you and I have more appealing options. Now leave me the f*** alone!"

• She admitted to me that she feels the same way I do about her and she wouldn't be "nice" to lead me on, she'd tell me straight if she didn't like me. she was saying why would I be interested in her as she thinks she is "ugly" and I could do a lot better than her.

• Tell her you think she is pretty?

• I have said that, I've told her she is beautiful and meant it.

What Girls Said 6

• It sounds like every girl you are going for has zero self-esteem and no self-respect. Time to look elsewhere and be with girls who know their value and can give you what you seek.

• Your too good for me can just be a nice break up line. But if she's not trying to leave you. She might just feels horrible about herself or maybe she's just had so many sh*tty boyfriends that made her feel horrible about herself and your nothing like them. She could also just be saying it cause your an amazing guy and she wants you to know how amazing you are

• Well, there could be multiple reasons.

1) The girl is really insecure. Girls like to be told that they're wanted and complimented often, because yes, we can forget.

2) The girl is giving you the run around, and really isn't interested. Girls hate letting nice guys down, so sometimes they lead you on without noticing it.

3) You give off a sense of being superior, and you're good looking. She's probably worried about you being around other girls, because she feels like she isn't as pretty.

• i think she just has low self esteem and is insecure. Everytime she says you're too good for her just say that she's the most amazing and beautiful girl you've ever met and nobody could surpass her or something along those lines!

• Maybe that's just their way of saying their not into you.

• girls who respect themselves would see that your the right guy& they deserve you.

^^ everyone above was right, if the girls had high self esteem they would treasure you.

What Guys Said 2

• one word, Insecure

• low self esteme or just an out...