Girls, do you dress up and get pretty for guys or to compete against other girls?

What do you care more for, that guys find you hot and notice all your make-up or nice clothes, or to be prettier than the other girls sort of like a competition.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dress up and get pretty because I like to dress up and get pretty. If guys notice me and say that I look nice I always like it but I don't dress up for them. I like dressing up and I'm in school so the only real occasion to dress up is the bar and it's nice to throw on some heels and a cute top once a week and go out. I could care less what everyone else is wearing I just like dressing up and going out.

What Girls Said 5

• I dress up nice mostly for my sake, I love fasion and all that stuff (btw I do not wear makeup often and if I do it is only mascera and lip stain for special ocasions) ,...then after myself I would not mind to get attension from the guys, but not in a creepy sexual way, but more of a she looks pretty way. I don't want to be precieved as slutty or full of myself either, so I dress acordingly. I have never thought of dressing up as a competition with other girls to see who is more pretty, cause I always know there is prettier girls than me, and I don't have to be the best, I am fine with appreciateing other people's beauty.

to make this a quick answer,

for guys: not intensionaly

for girls: no

• I dress up because I like to look nice and it makes me feel good about myself.

However, I do feel bad when I haven't made an effort at all and I notice that other girls look really cute in their outfits. :P

• When I get dressed up, it's because I want the guy I'm with to be proud and attracted to me, and only me. I kind of like being the apple of his eye. lol :D

• No.

• I think you misunderstood the question. He's asking a more than yes or no question

• No, I asnwered the question. My answer is simply 'no' for both questions.

• Preferably, I would rather dress to impress the guy I like, but even though lots of girls fuss about how they look, if people really like each other, you don't really need to dress up as long as you are together.

• Finally a girl who gets it. That guys like when girls do that kind of stuff and its not really about competing with other girls

• Ahh, you learn from your mistakes right? you don't need to compete, that's not how you win, its how you play and how you treat them, which may sound old school, but always works fro me. :)

What Guys Said 0