whats your religion? do you believe in it? why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe religion exists. That's evident. I'm sure it corresponds to a need many people have.

Lots of people say there's a god (or many gods) They believe it (or not?)

They can't prove it and adjust their definition to fit their proof. (or lack thereoff...)

Nothing more.

Waste of time and energy thus. Better eat another cookie. But I respect them, I respect their right to be happy with that.

I've no religion and I don't miss it. I couldn't care less. I read the Bible and the Koran and the Tanakh and the books by Vatsayanana. And I read Greek and Roman and Egyptian mythology.

Interesting.

Some deity? Which one? Pick you choice: link

The word is apatheism: link or here: link

«It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley; but not at all so to believe or not in God.»

(French philosopher Denis Diderot in a letter to Voltaire who had accused him of being an atheist)

Read Jonathan Rauch about apatheism: link

I'll eat another cookie: link

link

What Guys Said 15

• Atheist. I have seen too much in my life to believe in anything. I survived the Boxing Day 2004 Tsunami that annihilated Thailand-I got out, 250,000+ people across other continents did not-that effectively ended whatever chance I entertained in there being a God because of all those other unfortunate souls who died. Imagine living everyday in that knowledge-that you got out somehow while so many others who had their entire lives to did not. People tell me it was divine intervention I did and some divine plan-I rubbish this.

That aside, religion as a whole stinks and manipulates people to fight and kill their brothers; spirituality is fine-the institution as a whole is rotten.

• I totally agree with the fact that religion manipulates people to fight against each other and I feel sorry for what you have been through.

• Contradition in terms I know. I mean to say I have no religion-you got me on a technicality.

• Well, then you have only se the media's perspective of religion. ^^

• I am a Roman Catholic. I have freely chosen to continue practicing the faith in which I was raised.

I believe in it because it is how I have been able to start developing the deepest and most intimate relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Sadly, this is something that I've only recently begun to realize. I used to try to come to know God better through knowing theology, logic, and dogma (which are important, don't get me wrong), but it is through Jesus that one finds this (John 1:1-15, Matthew 10:40). Jesus did not come to preach a message. He IS the message. This a man who took upon Himself the sins, hurts, and sorrows of all mankind, suffered, and died for them. People have been persecuted and ridiculed in many ways across history for His Name's sake. That the Church has survived it's darker points in history (persecutions, scandals, etc.) and still draws people is something very powerful to me.

I can receive His Body and Blood at Mass because I don't believe that it's just a symbol. I do believe that it is Him. In receiving Him, I have a sustainment that is unlike any other.

• Who wants to believe in this? link

Or in this?: link

Atheism a religion?

Lol. The people saying that have to prove it.

Is not smoking pot or not sniffing coke thus an adiction to not smoking pot or an addiction to not sniffing coke?

• so what your saying is that you have an idea of what god must be, and you don't like that idea, so god must not exist?

Atheism is a religion. A religion is any system of belief created by mankind.

• @ Settingemstraight "A religion is any system of belief created by mankind." Atheism isn 't a belief or system of belief. Atheism is the lack of any system of belief.
      Just like being bald is not a hair color but a lack of hair. Just like not believing in astrology is not a belief but a lack of belief. How many more examples do you need? Not collecting stamps is NOT 'collecting nonstamps'.
      I know it's hard to grasp for believers.

• i m an atheist...

• link <- something just doesn't seem right with religion.

• If the situation is looked at logically. It becomes clear (To me at least) that there must be some sort of god or higher force, but that does in no way mean that any religions are 100% correct...

What are your beliefs?

• Some sort of energy or force does exist according to me.

• I'm atheist.

Why? Because I don't believe in something that can't be possibly proved at least somehow. After all religion was invented to manipulate weaker minds.

As we say "If you want to get money, start a business. If you want to make even more money, start a religion".

• Spot on-while the peasants were starving the clergy were extorting them to not pile up their treasures by saying "Money is the root of all evil" not the entire saying which is "The love of money is the root of all evil"-thinking about it, 90% were peasants centuries ago and the clergy/nobility needed to ensure they were kept docile while they enjoyed their ill-gotten wealth. Times change-greed is forever.

• N/A. I'm not one bit religious. I am an Agnostic Theist, and philosophically I'm a Nihilist.

Goddammit! Atheism is not a religion guys!

• My atheism is a natural consequence of the fact that I believe that logic and empiricism are the only methods by which truth can found, therefore my "religion" could be said to be science and mathematics. Anyone who subscribes to a faith based belief system is being a hypocrite anytime they drive a car, use a cellphone, or do so much as use arithmetic. Science is how inventions are made; math is how measurements are determined. Why would the mysteries of the universe be the one aspect of reality exempt from critical analysis? If religious people dared to be consistent they would use faith when balancing their checkbooks. They would drive with their eyes closed. The fact that they don't reveals that deep down they are no more religious than me.

• i have no religion

i do not believe it

i don't know why

• I don't have one. I'm unconvinced that there is any supernatural being or that I would have any need to conduct any worship of the Supernatural.

• Agnostics on my part for the moment. I am not into religion. I am not denying God or life after death, but I am not accepting it either. Just like an agnostics unsure if God and life after death exist. ^^

• Soft Agnostic.

I don't believe there is a God, there 99.9999999% that he doesn't exist.

but that 0.0000000001 chance he could be real I don't want to burn in hell.

so, yah.

• Atheist. Yes. lol Why um no clue.

• Beer I believe in it...

What Girls Said 9

• I am a very strong Christian, and I believe in it to a degree. Like I do agree that abortion is wrong, and not to murder and lie and all those things. There are some Christian's that believe no tattoos or piercings, hair cuts, etc, that's not me. I have my lobes pierced once on each side, ear lobes stretched on each side (different than previously mentioned) color and cut my hair a lot, and when I'm eighteen I'm planning on getting two tattoos (one that actually shows my Christian faith).

I don't feel that I'm the hypocritical Christian that goes around saying "God says being gay is wrong so your going to Hell and He hates you." because, well, telling someone that they are going to Hell is a sin, and hating is also. I try to follow "Love the person, hate the sin" mentality.

I'm not sure if I answered your question correctly or not, but if I didn't let me know, sometimes I get distracted talking about religion and faith. If I didn't just let me know(:

• Abortion is wrong? So in which case a woman impregnated as a rape victim should have the child? Or a child that has been diagnosed with Downs Syndrome or some other congenital ailment/affliction should be born despite the fact that its quality of life would be diminished if not non-existant? I speak from experience-I had a cousin diagnosed with Spina Bifida in the womb and he was born anyway; his whole life he was on a respirator and had next to no quality of life; he died at 11 years old...

• So if it's not bad enough that a woman got raped, you would like her to have a constant reminder of the rape for the next 9 months? Also, pregnancy isn't easy, why should a woman have to go through with something as horrific as rape and then have to pay for ob/gyn appointments, have a sore back and feet, gain weight, possibly be on bed rest, or even risk death because of complications. What if the rapist is a criminal because of something genetic, you would like this trait to be passed on?

• Usually when a woman is raped and the rapist is caught, he is sued to pay for all those visits. If he's not...well that sucks xD Nah I kid I'm sure there's organisations out there that help pay for those things. Some places (depending on income) do that stuff for free. And yeah, pregnancy sucks, never said it was easy, but as it says in 1 Corinthians, God will never put you through something you cannot handle(:

• i'm agnostic. I've been forced to "believe" in God from my parents, but I don't (my family is catholic). For the most part, I always say there is no God which is why I thought I was an atheist...but in the back of my mind, a tiny part of me wants to for the sake of my family. I've been going to church every Sunday ever since I was born, and yet I'm the only one in my family who pretty much thinks it's bullsh*t. My family says I'm stupid for not believing in God.. but the fact that if God is ACTUALLY real, and my family goes to heaven, I wanna be there with them. So it's kinda complicated. I'm still young, and religion isn't a priority for me. For me, religion is childish, and brainwashes people. This is just my opinion, and I guess you could say, I'm confused. Last year I was an atheist and told my parents. They seemed fine, but I knew they were , I don't know, disappointed. The only reason I still go to church is because of them. I know they believe in god because they've gone through a lot and tell me God was always there, so I understand what their getting at. I still respect all religions, it's just that I couldn't care less about any God. I seem to be doing pretty well without it.

• I don't have one. Because I'm an Atheist.

• im a catholic and well yeah I do believe in god and virgin mary but sometimes I think church does lie to us you know with exaggerating a little and all like I really don't believe we are made out of mud or whatever I believe in evolution.

• I used to be a very religious girl, been a really good Christian girl my wntire life. I actually tried to live according to the Bible.

That was up until a couple of years ago, when I don't give a shit anymore.

• I grew up Catholic, baptized, and all, but currently I'm an atheist. I am one because I don't think there is enough evidence to support the theory that a god exists.

• I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints, (LDS) (Mormon)
    Yes I do believe that it is the true church :) I know this because I have prayed about it and gotten answers.
    If there was a way to prove that God exists then we wouldn't need faith and it would defete the point of coming to earth. our heavenly father sent us to earth because we could not progress any farther without a body and life on earth, and he wants us to return to him and receive eternal life

• I'm a Christian. I do believe it it and it's of my choosing. My parents didn't make me go to church, they didn't make me get baptized. I choice to get baptized because I do believe

• Religion is what you get when someone latches onto something that has a hint of the truth but does not know God. People who know God, really know Him, are saved, born again and know who God is (look up 1 Corinthian chapter 13) link no longer really want to call it religion, because they've seen something else. They've seen how without knowing God's true loving nature, it profits you nothing, that without seeing love which is the center of all that was meant to be, of course you're going to get swallowed up by lies. God has been misrepresented by people that don't know Him. I'm starting to find out all this myself, someone set me on a challenge to read 1Corintians 13 everyday, before I knew what to do and what was right, but when you don't know the true nature of God and His love, even if you are born again if you don't really know His true love, everything that you are supposed to do seems different. There is a difference between religion and doing the right thing and seeing where everything that is right originally comes from, which is the true love of God. I have a lot of things to battle in my own journey, but whatever decisions I make and whatever happens to me, try seeking after God and seeing His true nature for yourself. Try finding God, search no matter what, He will help you get there if you search, the Bible says seek the truth and it will be found, and that God will never forsake you. Also, if you're on IMVU, try checking out the help in the Grace Church, cos it's really helping me.

• Http://saykha.deviantart.com/art/God-s-Love-Letter-to-You-70868569?q=boost%3Apopular+God%27s+love&qo=8