How do you know if you're ready to date again after a breakup?

So I just got out of a relationship a month ago. We were dating for 10 months. It still hurts but I am trying to get past it. I met a really cute guy who wants to take me on a date. Part of me wants to but part of doesn't know if I'm ready...should I put myself out there and just see how it goes? Or not go at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• basically what I have used as a good guideline is when you can look a your ex's picture or see him in person or see he logged on facebook and not have feelings for him ... but then again that is just what has helped me but who knows maybe it'll help you

What Guys Said 10

• It's all in the state of mind. If you find it hard to focus on the new guy, or you keep on comparing him with your ex, you still have some things to let go.

But if you feel comfortable and having fun, if you find other people attractive, if you have begun to smile at small things again, then it might be that you have finally turned a page of your life.

Time to jump off the ski lift, or it'll bring you back down again.

• You should be honest with they guy and let him know of your situation. You can definitely go out with him, but you want to take things slow. Besides, if you get stuck in the past, you won't have a future.

• If you find him attractive then you should go for it. You should be open with him at the same time and let him know your situation (probably on your 2nd or 3rd date). Take things slow and try to build a relationship from there.

• Really it can be as soon or as far away as you want. It's all about mindset. The only person who holds you back from being ready is yourself.

• You must understand that no one can answer that question besides yourself.

Don't look for answers outside yourself but within. That's what feelings are for.

If it feels bad, don't do it. If it feels good, go for it!

• Go on it!

• You don't nobody ever dies honey you just do it.

• I always say once your ex is off your mind completely then you should try talking or dating ppl

• Don't do it! He will only be a rebound

• Before you go to sleep, who's the first guy that appear in your mind...still your ex or the new guy? Think of it, and you shall know If you're ready or not

What Girls Said 0