Is it a big turn-off if your girlfriend doesn't have a lot of friends?

Say it would be difficult to get a group together of your friends and your girl's friends for an outing. How much would this influence your desire to stay with the girl? Would you start looking for another girlfriend to fill her shoes if this is a big deal for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't be too fussed my main issue is girls who either have no friends or get rid of all the friends when they get a boyfriend because both of these issues usually make the girl become clingyyyyyy and needy

• If she didn't have any friends, how would that be a turnoff for you?

• It wouldn't be a turn off as such I would just let her know that I have an active social life with my friends, so she wouldn't get all my undivided attention. If she did have a problem due to this then I would have to reassess our situation. I can't really see this being a deciding factor straight away it would only be after you've been in the relationship a little while that you would be able to see the effects.

• True dat.

What Guys Said 6

• Not at all. I prefer to have a few close friends rather than a ton of people I hang out with but aren't super close to. Actually, I'd prefer a girl who had a similar setup because then I'd know she was like me, and would want a more intense relationship than most girls, which is something I want.

• So, out of curiosity, you would be less likely to date a social butterfly?

• Depends, but yeah probably. I also loathe college parties and have all kinds of issues with them, so if a girl wanted to go to parties all the time it'd be a problem for me.

• Thanks for your op.

• Not at all... A lot of people don't have that many "friends.." they talk to a lot.

So couldn't care less about how maany friends she has.. this isn't high school anymore.

• It would have an affect at all, in fact a lack of well meaning friends to interfere in the relationship could be a good thing sometimes.

• Point taken. However, I would assume that a person would need to establish an interesting life (hobbies, friends, work) before taking on the responsibility of a relationship.

• I can be, my ex who I just recently broke-up with (not for that reason). Only had about 4 good friends that she ever hung out with at school, when I had about 40 or 50 because I have a whole fraternity of friends. However, so long as you can stay busy when he's not around with the friends you have then its not a problem. Don't make him leave his friends because you can't stay busy or even hint that you want him to come because despite it will show he cares, his friends will start to think different of him, it happened to me but I realized it and stopped doing it. Its not a big enough deal to be a big turn-off.

• May I ask why you broke up with her ?

• Distance, we go to college together and with school ending it was a strain being so far away. but we still are good friends and may rekindle when school starts again.

• That's sweet. Thanks for your input.

• Actually this isn't even a big thing to worry abt.. I mean its not even a turn off... as far as my opinion goes the grlz friends have nothing to do with me because I would just care abt the lovely grl I'm loving :)

• But wouldn't you be most attracted to a girl who is very social and outgoing? It can get kind of boring if you can't share some sort of a social circle.

• Not really I won't mind if we keep our social circles apart because like I said I would focus on my grl rather than focusing on her social rectangle... But on the other I would certainly help her if she requires my help for any kind of social problm yeah that I would do

• Could care less if she had friends or not.

What Girls Said 0