What do you think about girls who dress conservatively?

Like how girls did in the 40s and 50s.

link

And these kind of swimsuits:

link

• Weird
  • Cute

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• I'm not sure conservative is the word you're looking for. I would call those clothes retro or vintage.They might work if you're going for a trendy hipster kind of look.

• Some are cause I'd say the swimsuits a lot more conservative than what people wear now.

I'm not hipster at all and I'm actually really preppy I just like everything oldies and I listen to a lot of oldies so I guess the music is starting to influence my taste in clothes. I don't want to be hipster, would I come across that way?

• i like conservative modern not old conservative

• To each his own, its a form of self expresion, the body is medium which is inscribed with cultural meaning. Ostensibly it is a form of communication, about your values, what you think is important to you, your life, your views on religion, society, feminism, politics, relationships, money and what you value in society or what you think should be valued...

What Girls Said 8

• I love it when people wear it! It looks really good and make people stick out of the crowd.

I would never wear it because I don't look good in such clothes, haha.

There is a Swedish blog that I read every now and then about 2 girls (Linnéa & Jennifer) who dresses like that. It's cute ^^

link

link

=)

• haha... just to let you know the first picture is NOT 1940's-50

s fashion. It's 60s-70's fashion. yeah... sorry... just had to correct.

• i don't like it...most of the girls who wear things like that are hipsters...and act like pretentious snobs

• I hate hipsters and I'm really preppy. But I don't et why if you wear vintage clothes you're automatically a hipster. Cause I feel like a lot of people assume you are

• oh..and my sister has worn bathsuits like that. she's not hipster just kinda conservative/preppy/vintage.

it's cute if that your style.

• I don't think it's that conservative - look at how short the skirts are! And the first link looks more 60s/ 70s to me. The second link is more 50s rockabilly, which is a subculture that still seems to be evolving. If you like the style or elements of it, go for it. Plus you can add your own twist to it. I like vintage 40s/ 50s, but I mix the classic pieces I find with modern pieces.

• The first picture is more 60s and not really conservative at all, their dresses are so short!

• I think it can be cute,but like LilPinkGirl said they can be very snobby.

I love those swimsuits,I adore them,I've been looking for one.

• not really conservative but cute