Do you like the preppy style, or should I got more nerdy?

My usual outfit consists of a polo or plain t-shirt and khakis or jeans. Sometimes I feel a little out of place in my town since my shirt doesn't advertise my undying love for a band or product I like.

But I also have a bunch of button-downs I could wear for a nerdier look.

Which do you think sounds better?

• Nerdy.
  • Preppy.
  • Neither.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like both it really depends on if the guy can pull it off! T-shirts and cargo khakis are nice too. That's what most of the guys wear at my school! Like a polo ralph lauren polo shirt and some hollister khaki cargo shorts or jeans and then a hollister t-shirt or abercrombie t-shirt and brands of that nature (but the brand really doesn't matter) and then classic black nikes or sperrys

What Girls Said 3

• that depends on your personality, personally I like nerdy

• I say loose the khakis .. ew.

• stay away from the nerdy look. it is NOT attractive at all. why would you want to look like someone's math teacher? that's the impression I get from guys who dress nerdy. preppy, punk, emo, gangsta, hipster, etc. anything is better than nerdy lol

What Guys Said 1

• What's a nerdy look anyway? I think of khaki pants, a sweater, and nerd glasses. Other than that no clue.

• I would consider casual button-downs, especially when tucked in to be a geeky look. maybe something like

http://www.umidirect.com/Images/Products/ProductImage_17142_157473.jpg

• Oh OK. The tucked in look is bad. lol