How much attention are you supposed to pay for your hair?

personally I have no idea, I know so many girls that have like 10 products they put in their hair and wake up extra early just so the can wash their hair and blow dry it etc.. people tell me all these products I should use and I should blow dry my hair, brush it more bla bla but all these girl obsess with their hair and I don't even think it looks nice.. and I think my hair routine is perfectly normal, I wash my hair every 2 days at night, I use the herbal essences volume stuff (the one in the orange bottle) I do shampoo and then conditioner on the end and comb it through, they I towel dry it and leave it to try a bit and then tie it into a bun and then go to sleep and when I take it out my hair goes wavy and a bit scruffy and that's it and I like my hair like that, I naturally very straight shinny hair but its just doesn't suit my face (unless I have a fringe but I hate them) and I also haven't had a hair cute for a year, but I never get why people spend anymore attention on their hair then I do I mean its hair who care?

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have a friend who used to wake up at FOUR IN THE MORNING and do her hair for two hours straight, so crazy, and it's not like it was even really crazy curly hair or anything.

But, I get my hair trimmed and stuff about once a month. I use Frederic Fekkai shampoo & conditioner, and I loveee them. I straighten my hair sometimes with Chi. And sometimes I blow dry it. It usually takes me 15 minutes tops to do my hair, and sometimes I just throw it up in a ponytail. So, that's what I do. And I personally don't think you're doing anything wrong, as long as you like the way you look.

What Guys Said 1

• alot of attention for hair.. I spend about 10 min on my hair.. cause its that dam sexy.. I know.. lol first I use herbal essences shampoo/conditioner hydralicious line.. I condition every other day.. after the shower I let it air dry for a few min while combing it.. after it dry.. I spend about 1-2 min combing more.. then I might axe some axe styling jel ( thas on occasion though) so about 15 min total.. per day you should spend... :D and I hair thick/ medium length hair kinda like skater hair..

What Girls Said 5

• some girls need to do extra, like girls with very curly frizzy hair who like it straight. I usually just wash and condition my hair with herbal essences drama clean and then before I blow dry it come it out and spray it with heat protectent it and dry it. if I curl it, I use more heat protectent and then some hairspray. there are some girls who use massive amounts of product that all do the same thing, shine serum, smoothing serum, heat protectent, the list goes on. its your hair, care for it as you want to and do what works for you.

• It honestly just depends on what kind of hair you have.

Some woman are blessed with perfect, pin straight, thick, glossy, hair. But the other 98% of the woman on earth (lolz) have thin, damaged, breakable, dry, greasy, kinky, crazy curly, wavy hair. So if some girls have untame-able hair you've got to work with it, and add all kinds of products and conditioners, just so it looks the way you want it too.

• I don't like going out if I don't like my hair but I don't spend hours on it. When I get out of the shower I wrap it in a towel so its not driping wet put some moose in it. let it dry then straighten my bangs and that's its. Everynow and then I straignten all of it but I couldn't imagine spending an hour or hours doing my hair. That's insane.

• It depends on your style and how you like to wear your hair. As long as your hair looks good and well kept you could either be really low maintanence about it or be one of the girls that goes to the salon once a week and uses a bunch of products for upkeep. It's about whatever makes you feel and look good.

Hair does matter a lot. It frames your face and is one of the attributes that has a lot to do with how well kept and pretty you look.

• Pay as much attention to your hair as you want. Who cares what other people think. Sounds like maybe you could use a different haircut, but you're fine. A lot of those products don't really do much of anything anyway, so whatever.