Am I being shallow? and has this sort of thing ever happened to you?

the guy who has a crush on me is one of the nicest guys and can be a little bit shy but just a sweet heart and anyway we used to get on pretty well and I was always exited to see him and then I found out he liked me and I kinda backed of a little bit just because he is such a nice guy and I didn't wanna be mean and give him the wrong idea. anyway he was always kinda chubby and not very confident and not the type of guy I was into even though I loved him as a friend. anyway I hadn't seen him for about 4 months and I saw him for the first time the other night and OMG he has gotten so hot and is so much more confident and showing his personality which I loved to begin with so much more and I'm so attracted to him now and I don't know if that is shallow or not? but I am so attracted to him. is this shallow of me and has this sort of thing were you go from not liking them more than a friend to liking them more than a friend ever happened to anyone before?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you are shallow, but guess what lots of people are shallow. We judge and rate people's looks all the time. This reminds me of the "Just Friends" movie. It's okay. You don't need to change because it's what your heart wants. Who doesn't want an attractive mate? All I can say is be honest with yourself and be prepared to get the same treatment. However, as we age and our looks disappear, we have a greater appreciation of what's inside. Since we're young, we do base how we feel on physical attraction. Don't feel bad.

What Guys Said 3

• Everyone is somewhat shallow, its just the harsh reality.

To answer your question, yes it is somewhat shallow but its not like you could help it, you can't choose who your attracted to.

• How so did he get "hot"? did he lose weight or something?

and the term "shallow" means you judge based off of appearences.

not wanting to date someone based off of appearance is NOT shallow but mere human mating instinct.

• Yup you are, but you can't help it.

What Girls Said 0