How to get rid of a scar?

I had gotten into an accident when I was young, and I busted open my forehead and had to have stitches, I think it was around 11 or so. And I have had longer hair, well bangs to cover up the scar. But now a days I have shorter hair, and my scar on my forehead is visible. I know a lot of people will just say embrace it and don't worry, but I just can't stop thinking about it at times.

Well, anyways, the question comes to how and what is the best way to fix a scar. Also its an old scar almost 10 or so years old. I know of creams and lotions that are suppose to help but I am not sure of which one to use. Also I have heard about surgery to remove it but it can come with warnings and risks.

It would just be nice to hear other peoples opinions about this and how to fix it. Thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I find scars like yours are not something to worry about or try to "Fix" in my opinion, scars anywhere on the body tell a story and help you remember good and bad times. I still have the scar from when I was in a boat accident... But I keep it because it reminds me I'm a survivor. Both of my parents were not. In other words I think you should keep the scar. But if you are sure you want to get rid of it then that is your decision.

• I'm sorry to hear about your parents and keeping the scar in your case is understandable, but I'm willing to bet it's not in a very obvious place for all to see, am I right?

What Girls Said 6

• I have a few scars and I've tried some scar treatments. I actually had a burn that required a skin graft. And I feel the same way you do. I hate the physical reminder. I have a scar from the graft and from the donor site.

I've done needling, and I think I saw a lot of improvement with that. I've also tried a laser treatment. Yeah, that didn't work. Actually made it worse. Of course, everyone's skin reacts differently I'm sure. I've also used those silicon gel sheets. Those have softened the scar and inproved the color. I'd start with that. You can get them at a store like CVS. I personally like the brand ScarAway. I hope that helps!

• my doctor told me to use vitamin E on mine, but that scar is from a surgery only a few weeks ago so I don't know if it's the same for older scars. I think your best bet would be asking your doctor

• I've heard Bio-Oil works. Give it a try : )

• Mederma scar cream...

I actually have a few scars of my own because I was a clumsy little girl.I just never got around to buying the mederma stuff

• I like scars:)

• Personally some girls find scars hot. Honestly I do. Especially scars on the face for some weird reason. But Mederma and Scar Zone helps

What Guys Said 1

• I have multiple scars on my face, about 12 or so mostly in the forehead area, but none of them are quite as severe as yours sounds, if it really bothers you then the wonders of cosmetic surgery can help. My scars bother me but I just learn to live with them cause they're not ruining what I'd call a work of art.

If you want to find a lotion that works you'll have to experiment with them yourself, your skin might not work with one that works for other people.