Would my skin turn you off?

Hey! I'm a seventeen year old girl and I have recently started falling for a really special guy :) He's in a band and does the screaming and guitar, and he's incredibly talented and sweet! He's smart and nice and all these other things that I could mention and I'm really really crushing on him! (His cute face doesn't hurt either, but I've always been partial to the 'rockstar' look of black hair and skinny jeans! Lol) Well, anyway, he's almost perfect (I know, right? But yeah) and I would love love love to date him! But of course... there's something holding me back. I've had a skin condition called Keratosis Pilaris for as long as I can remember and I'm afraid that (even though he's so sweet and gentle) it might turn him off. Or any guy for that matter! :( Which is why I've never had a boyfriend... I'm scared about him touching my skin and being grossed out... What KP is, is a skin condition where the hair follicle creates excess keratin and clogs, creating a reddish purple bump on the surface. Unfortunately for me, I have it on the backs of my arms, the front of my fore-arms and all over my legs. It's not the most wonderful thing to touch, and not the prettiest thing to see. (My mom says that I'm blowing it out of proportion and that it's not as bad as I say it is), but I've been told that I'm really pretty (I don't know about that, though)So guys, would you date a "pretty"girl with a skin condition like KP? I'm not rude either, so that's not a factor... at least I hope I'm not! Lol If you need to see my face to make the decision, I can put a pic in an update. Thanks so much for your time and God Bless!

KP: link

Mine isn't THIS bad, but these were the best pics I could find :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you're looking for guys to answer this question, but I have KP too. I've only got it on the back of my upper arms. You can get this lotion called BetaCare Betamide through Amazon or just look for another lotion that has either lactic or urea acid. It really, really helps!

I just wanted to let you know in case you were looking for a product that minimizes KP :)

Also, just to put you at ease, all the guys I've been with have been really okay with it. It's hereditary and you can't help it, and I think any decent guy would understand that. You sound really sweet and I think that will make up for any physical "imperfection" you might be worrying over.

• Thanks so much! I'm definitely going to try that!!! Right now I'm using this stuff from Sephora called Derma Doctor and it's made especially for people with KP :) I haven't been using it as much as I should, but when I do, it works pretty well! But I definitely want to try the BetaCare too! :DD

Thanks for the last comment :) You're right! I can't help it, so I'm going to make the most of the body God gave me and if people can't accept me, then fine! lol :) Thanks so much!

What Guys Said 2

• I think your blowing it out of proportion too haha

If your just dating him I don't think it would be a problem.

Intimate contact MIGHT be affected if only slightly.

But it should be a minor thing that most guys would overlook if he has strong feelings for you

• Thanks so much for answering! I like your answer a lot in the way that it's straight forward, but still comforting! :) Thanks!

• I say post pics of your so we can decide.

• I just put some on my profile! Excuse the one of me with Andy Six... :/ Ugh, I was so gross and sweaty, but I still love that picture enough to put it up! lol :)

What Girls Said 1

• Well, I'm 24 and I've had a skin condition all my life (from 6 months of age) I have eczema. I know eczema is not that serious but mine was gross! Especially through my teen years! All those extra hormones seemed to give it an extra boost of yuckiness, and at that time of my life I was so body conscious and just wanted boys to notice me! I was afraid no one would like me if they saw my legs all peeling like sunburn and bleeding, and scabbing over yuk. But to be honest I never had any problems getting a boyfriend, all the boys were really cool about it, once I had the courage to talk to them about it and show them my ugly skin, none of them actually minded! I was always pleasantly surprised! Luckily for me my eczema isn't as bad as it used to be, unless the weather gets really bad, but I've just learnt to live with it! If someone can't accept me for me, then they're not worthy of my friendship! I hope this helps, good luck!

• What a wonderful answer!! Thanks so much! In the way that we reacted to our skin conditions, we have a LOT in common! :) Your story really inspires me to go for it and I'm so excited to open myself up emotionally for a relationship! I'll just confront the guy about my insecurities, and if he has a problem with my skin, then it's not worth it! Once again, thanks so much! You have helped me IMMENSLEY! (: