I just wanted one sexy dress. Why would he act this way?

I was showing my boyfriend some outfits that I would like to buy for special occasions. Every dress I showed him he said it was either too low cut or not long enough. I have asked everybody on this site and they said it wasn't bad at all. He wanted me to get a dress that went past my knees and completely had no cleavage. Why is he being so fatherly? I am 22 years old and don't wear anything sexy really. I just wanted one sexy dress. Why would he act this way?

He has been cheated on before. So have I. Could he be afraid that people are going to check me out and that I may cheat just because of the attention? I have been with him and only him for a year now...I wish he would trust me.

Most Helpful Guy

• He either has a very high oppinion of sluts, or he just doesn't want guys to look at you in a remotely sexual way.

What Guys Said 3

• Is he a long bearded taliban or what? Ffs women, do your thing

• he probably just saw the price ahahahaha

• Whiner. Real men like to have their girl look hot beside him. Order 2, one for him.

What Girls Said 6

• He seems kind of controlling. And I think it's because he doesn't want other guys looking at you and may be insecure, but that seems overboard to me.

• was he joking?

if not he's a bit controlling and doesn't want you to own

something that will show off any of you to other people, mainly guys.

• Nope not joking he got mad at me and said buy whatever the heck you want.

• If he's worried about you cheating then you need to reassure him no one will take you away from him, If you've already told him, tell him again till he gets the point

• He doesn't want you to get other guy's attention. He wants you all to yourself :) My boyfriend acts the same way. He makes me wear shorts to the pool! He always says that boys will stare and that I'm all his. no one else can look.

• i don't get you bitches some girls cry becuase their boyfriends leave them for not being sexy enough others bitch cause they leave for bein sexy wtf so confusin maybe he actually cares for you and doesn't what other guys checkin you out

• maybe he's being protective of you because he wants you for himself.

• yeah he sounds insecure. either way I'm sorry I would not let his insecurites make me wear a grandma dress. he needs to learn to trust you and not let his insecurities push you away. you could cheat just as easily in the dress you wanted as you could in a frumpy dress