How did you manage to settle on "your style"?

I've been through every possible stage.

My hair has been dyed every possible color( the only one I never did try was green, THANK THE LORD.)

I've been the emo girl, the preppy girl, the scene kid, the punk, the nerd, the hippie etc.

How did you find your style, or are you still constantly changing?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it all has to do with age. As you're growing up, you try and find yourself and you dress in different ways to find what you're comfortable in. I've had tons of styles in the past. I've done the ghetto thing in middle school, and when high school came around I did punk, then scene, then preppy and then I started to dress trendy and I'm totally into fashion now. I've done the short hair, the long hair, platinum blond, light and dark brown. Now I finally found a look that I feel comfortable in and I've maintained the same kind of style for awhile now and I'm happy with it.

What Guys Said 5

• You don't find your style by trying to dress in a particular look. You just wear the clothes you like and then that's your style. Its really simple. If you go shopping and you see something that you really like and really want to wear, then buy it and wear it. The combination of all the clothes that you end up liking is your style. It doesn't have to fit some specified constrains that fit within a stereotype. Its just whatever you like.

• Mostly I took the advice of friends. Never dyed my hair but I go with the feedback I get from friends.

• Style? I think style comes naturally when you don't think to much about how you are going to look. I get my style from what I see and what I feel like wearing or doing. So basically long answer short, I get my style by just being me basically. You don't need to categorise yourself as you did in the answer. Just be yourself.

• Be yourself its easier than trying to be someone else...

• when I was little I rocked ghetto clothes and then I transitioned when I moved.

I now rock prep clothes. I used to be super prep but now I mix it up and am not that prep.

I'm more trendy now.

I'm not gay by the way lol

What Girls Said 6

• Well my style is always evolving. I know that sounds cheesy or whatever, but I change my style a lot. It's not like a "before and after" type of thing, I don't remember starting, and I'm never done. Although I guess I do have a basic type of thing I usually wear and I mainly started to develop the current style I have now about two years ago. I found a lot of great fashion websites like Chictopia and lookbook and a lot of fashion blogs and drew inspiration from that.

• I don't really have a preferred style, somedays I want to be bright and preppy, other days I dress very grunge and indie. My prefered style is grungey, I just like the whole look of it, and its just lets me express myself better than dressing plainly does. And I like the dirty, second hand, baggy look for clothes :P. but I wouldn't really label my style as anything, I'm a mixture depending on my mood, and the weather.

• I just go for being natural. Just been dying my hair once before when I was in 4th grade. But that was just a lighter version of my natural haircolor =).

When it comes to clothes I just went with what I thought was comfortable and looked nice.

;D

• lol iv changed a lot since I was young but now I just like my natural hair color cute clothes and cute makeup.. if I see somethin cute I'm getting it rather it looks preppy or emo or gay or who the hell cares

• I don't have any set style.

I just buy whatever I like and whatever looks good. I don't usually mess with my hair because I'm growing it out, but yeah.

You don't have to keep yourself contained in a little box when it comes to style, or anything for that matter.

Self-expression is all about just doing what you feel.

Good lucj.

• i still think I'm constantly changing! for now my style has settled on a girlie feminine casual everyday look but who knows it might change. I've been really preppy, went through my baby phat/applebottom/rocawear phase...now I'm just comfortable and I don't really think of having an exact style I just like what I like