What's your biggest turn off?

OK gents, what's your biggest turn off in a girl, something most girls wouldn't expect?

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls who smoke or do drugs are a turn off for me. I'm not a real uptight about pot, I think it's a personal choice and people who want to do it should be able to without running afoul of the law but personally it's not for me and I find that girls who do any kind of drugs (pot included) turn me off. Alcohol not so much, unless they drink heavily. Personally, I don't drink at all.

Girls who are, let's say, intellectually incurious. For example, girls who don't believe in evolution or girls who, despite having an education, still have a poor command of the English language (assuming they were born and raised here). Don't get me wrong, I'm not hostile to other beliefs or ideas but there is a point where I draw the line. I'm an intellectual guy and I just can't see myself with a girl that's dumb as a post.

Girls who are strongly religious and/or strongly conservative. Again, just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I rule out dating girls who believe. I can live with that just fine but I can't get along with a girl who is a real fundamentalist, Jesus-freak type of girl. I can tolerate other people's beliefs but if a girl has beliefs that are directly and strongly opposed to mine.

As far as looks go, I'm not attracted to the emo/scene look. I also find tattoos and piercings to be turn offs.

• I fall under two of the categories, the first and the last, but these are pretty generic responses, any quirks or something not so common?

What Guys Said 9

• PIggybacking off of the other responses:

-Piercings are a turn-off for me unless it's on the earlobe, and it's modest (none of this giant hoop crap)

-Drugs are a turn-off. Alcohol is fine in moderation

-Stupidity is probably the biggest turn-off. I have never had any interest in an unintelligent woman

-Being religious is only a problem if you're trying to convert me or suppress my beliefs

-I'm actually okay with most tattoos, some of them look really cool. Being like the suicide girls with your tats is probably a bit too much, though

-Being bitchy is always a turn off

-Playing games is immature, and I don't have interest in immature

-If you don't say what you're feeling because you don't want to discuss it, then I can understand. If you don't say what you're feeling for other reasons, then I'll probably just get annoyed.

For some new ones:

-Don't get a guy sexually worked up and then just stop. For one, blue balls isn't fun. For two, your guy is going to get very annoyed at you. For three, he'll stop looking to you for sex. This will usually either end with him ignoring your sex life completely, him breaking up, or him cheating. Your ego boost can't be that important.

-Jealousy tactics will work in regards to making your guy jealous, but they aren't going to work in regards to making him like you more or pay more attention to you. It's likely to backfire and you'll get dumped for being manipulative

-If you're just getting to know a guy, it's probably best to talk about things you like. Talking about stuff you don't like will often make you seem bitchy.

-Have an opinion. If asked what you like to do, don't say "I like to have fun." If asked what music you like, don't say "I like everything" (It's possible that you do like everything, but I have yet to meet a person that really does). Giving vague, broad answers doesn't make you seem more friendly or mysterious, just lacking in personality.

• when my girlfriend doesn't tell me things, gets all quiet. really annoys me, since I like things to be open in the air. I like to talk about things and when she doesn't makes me think iam doing something wrong. usually takes a lot of coaxing from me which is annoying but usually works most of the time.

i know may sound unusual to guys, but when she gets too pushy with sex, when iam not in the mood iam not in the mood. then its like it turns into a big thing, girls turn on their insecure button and get mad. thinking that iam not attracted anymore which is bs.

• Game playing. Also piercings other than ears, and tattoos

• Smoking/rudeness/dishonesty are a three-way tie.

• If there is a problem or an issue, resorting to the silent treatment. I would much rather talk about it, get it out in the open, and give me a chance to apologize and make it right if I have messed up somehow. Cannot stand the silent treatment/ignore you tactic.

• Girls that just don't flat out say what they're feeling. Game playing is another thing.

• Peircings, hate them and stuck up girls

• Being bitchy.

• I think it has been said before but my answers to your question would be the silent treatment, rudeness, lying. And I hate it when I see a girl say or do something that is normally thought of as stupid, but she gets away with it 'cause she is good looking, however part of that problem lies with the guys who don't say anything.

What Girls Said 0