Why would my husband's best friend say something hurtful like this to me?

My husband and I were enjoying the company of friends the other day, which included his best friend. I told them the story of how my husband and I were walking through a casino when my husband started staring at one of the pole dancers on the floor. I looked at the dancer and realized she was wearing the same bra and underwear set that I was wearing. My husband's best friend quipped, "He was staring because she looked way better in it than you".

I know I don't have the perfect body of a stripper, but I am fairly fit. Why would he make such a rude and hurtful comment?

I don't think he was joking. He said it in a matter-of-fact tone of voice while staring me down.

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats the way some guys talk to one another. I think he hasn't been around many women so he thinks that's how he should act around everyone.

What Guys Said 1

• hes jelouse because he can't get a hella fine wife like you

What Girls Said 5

• he was trying to be funny and he ended up sounding like a jerk. next time bite back and say something like "well the only reason it didn't look as good on me is because you stretched it out the last time I let you borrow it..you pansy a**" or something like that. sometimes with guys like this you cannot let them get to you just hit em back harder than they hit you. either you two will become frenemies or he will get embarassed and stop.lol...

• sounds like that was his attempt at being funny when in actuality it was just rude. I wouldn't let it get to me if I were you, but if he does it again you should call him on it. have you and him had problems in the past?

• I actually used to date him, years ago. My current husband {then friend} introduced us, but we only lasted a couple of months. I doubt he still dwells on it.

• Don't take it personal. He's probably still made because you "broke them up". Don't worry. Karma's a bitch and you'll have your day.

• he might have been joking... or he could have just been being an ass.

• Because he is an asshole. Hopefully you told your husband what he said and he handled that for you. You don't deserve to be disrespected like that and if this guy is going to be BFFL with your husband then he needs to start respecting you as his wife. Call him out on his bullsh*t and let him know you didn't appreciate that comment.