What "Rating"Level (1-10) of Girl Should/Could I Successfully Pursue?

Yeah, its kind of shallow, but its fun to get people's opinions because I really have NO idea!

(I'm referring to physique, not so much personality on this one)

Thanks! :)

I'm 5ft11. Also, I hate having long hair!

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all relative. And sometimes something will work for you that won't for someone else.

Personally, I don't really go with scales of 1 to 10 very often; I compare, sure... but not by compressing everything to a appearance based (simplistic) scale. My "10" will probably not be a same to some of my friends; and the personality may diminish or increase that level of interest for me or anyone else.

I recommend two things; that you find a girl who YOU are attracted to, and who will make you want to be a better person; and not worry about what people would rate her as with regards to appearance 2) that you look at what styles you like, who YOU are, and start from there.

Now, as a total stranger, and not knowing personality or character; just going by looks, I would say that you remind me of Christopher Eccleston, who played "The Doctor" "Series 1" and Major Henry West in "29 Days Later" This is not an insult. No, he's no Brad Pitt, and not everyone will find him attractive, but he has something that works for him.

You might look at some of his styles or some of his character's styles to give you a hint; Find a character that you identify with, then go from there.

Same with women. What is your "character" or personality? Look for someone who will compliment who you are (when at your best). Someone who you don't have to pretend with. And make sure that you're someone that a woman who can feel comfortable being herself with.

Good luck.

What Girls Said 19

• whatever floats your boat...lol. whatever appeals to you may not be what appeals to others so what standards are we using for numerical ratings? lol. I don't go with scales and it's hard to judge a guy based on his looks, for all I care, guys can be ugly or really hot and still have a craptastic personality or he can really be a nice genuine non-fake person, to which I must say I require much more than a brief pictorial of his visage to judge more as to what he 'really' deserves.

• 10? You have that dark hair blue eye thing going for you that I hear girls get weak in the knees for plus you're not ugly. Even if you don't feel like a 10 yourself, guys seem to always aim for higher-rated girls all the time just because they believe they have the confidence for it to back up having that girl on their arm.

• What about golden blonds and dark blue eyes that cacasions are known. would that have a similiar "weak in the knees" effect?

• Where I'm from (U.S specifically massachusetts) no and I've never been to europe but like all the white male ueropean models I've seen have that look. I think I may have used the wrong term, when I said golden blond I meant similar to this http://i.eonline.com/Entire_Site/20081010/300.pattinson.robert.101008.jpg

• Oh okay I live in the US too. The girls I mostly speak to are black, latinas, arabic, and a handful of Italian-american girls that's where I'm gathering this insight from and either way we still see it as blond hair and blue eyes (maybe minus the Italian girls) we don't really get into all the names like strawberry blond, golden blond, etc. Maybe the white girls do since they see those colors a lot? Idk. But we pretty much all agree upon on the black/dark brown hair and blue eyes thing.

• you're fairly attractive (I like you better with glasses)

and being tall is a plus

so you the highest "level" I would go for is a 7 or 8 out of 10.

• Any guy who rates girls isn't worth dating at all, so none.

• Its funny you should say that, as I agree completely. However, I'm trying to achieve the highest level of response and need some measurement tool to put the results into perspective. Obviously 'ratings' are subjective, but I think it's reasonable to assume there is a general understanding between respondents.

But again, I'm usually against the rating thing, myself. :)

• I agree with you!

• When did I say they were worth dating, either? They *also* suck. Shallow people in general suck.

• be confident, feel good about yourself (it shows), KEEP EYE CONTACT (you would be suprised at how many guys can't just keep a gaze) its very attractive, and be able to hold a converstaion without trying to hard to make small talk and you can get pretty much who you want.

• You could probably pull a 7-8 without too much trouble. By the way I think you should stick with the glasses, they look good on you.

• Haha thanks! I like the way they look too, I just hate wearing them. Thanks for posting :)

• 1-10

• It's hard to say, because your definition of a "10" could be different from my own (or anyone else's) definition of a 10. There is research that shows, though, that people often end up with people who are about as attractive as they themselves are. So, you can expect to be able to land girls that are roughly as attractive as you are, and you have a nice face, so you should be fine. :) Good luck!

• how tall are you?...if you are under 5'9 , I say go for 6-7...if you're over 6'0 , go for 7-8!

• I'm curios can you post examples of 6-7 and 7-8

• Uh I hate to break it to you, but the girls you posted for 7-8 are more like a 7 TOPS.

• Well that's great for you!!...what do I care...it's not obvious to find a picture online of what you imagine as a ranking!!!

• I say you are about a 6-7, so I would stick in your own rating range. SO go for a girl that's 6-7.

• What do consider to be a 6 or 7? Could you post pics as examples? :)

• I consider myself a 6-7, here's a couple of pics of me:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Anashiko_Mage/profile-12-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Anashiko_Mage/downsize.jpg

A 6-7 to me is someone who is good looking but just average. Someone that is pleasant on the eyes but also not a face you'd pick out from a crowd. Like say you take advil, it's awesome and it works. But it's also not a valium which would make you feel great and it lasts longer and it has a stronger effect.

• On you. ha ha sorry hope that clarifies it. And yes I do suck at similies :)

• 7 tops.

• 1-10 Obviously you could get any girl that falls on the lower side of the scale (since ANYONE can), but I also believe you have what it takes to get a gorgeous girl :)

• 6 or 7

• 7's

• 4 to 6

• 7.

They seem the coolest!

• Who are you referring to when you say "they seem the coolest"? Girls who are around 7s?

• 6-8

• idk it depends on your attitude. if you act really geeky and lame you probably won't get a hot girl. if your social and confident you could

• Don't limit your options...

What Guys Said 18

• All looks do for you is make it easier initially.

I knew a guy who was absolutely butt ugly...but he had a personality that nobody could resist.

He dated some VERY hot girls...and he ended up marrying one of them.

I don't know any women who are going to pick looks over personality unless it's a one night stand.

Even a women who by her own admission is shallow wouldn't stay with a "hunk" if the personality is dead.

I have always been a handsome guy...but until I got over being deathly shy it didn't matter what I looked like. Once past that I had to develop confidence in myself.

I have dated women who most of my friends said were way out of my league. I think that's up to me to decide, and in most of those cases, while looks helped, it's my personality and confidence that made ALL the difference.

Asking who you ought to go after based on your looks is a fools errand. Leanr to love life, and live it like you only have the one chance...after all, that's all we get.

It's like a magnet...when you're having a blast and doing the things you love, it's gonna attract the full spectrum of women.

Don't limit yourself based on what you think a woman wants. Let her decide, but stack the deck in your favor.

• The higher the "rating" a woman's body is, the higher her "social value" will likely be... simply because so many other men will have spent a life time praising and chasing her.

And women simply don't find men with lower "value" attractive. If she's on a pedestal (even if just because of her looks) then you'll have to be too or she'll never notice you.

This means your social value will have to be equal or better than hers. And social value is a lot more than just your superficial looks.

Luckily you can be just as socially valuable to others. Except you'll have to use social influence and popularity that's not based on your looks.

Perhaps you're just fun to be around, perhaps lots of people connect with you, or perhaps you're super wealthy and famous.

It all comes down to your value. Not just your appearance.

~ Robby

My Dating Blog ( link )

• You could pull ANYBODY.

But keep in mind - girls who are very attractive (8s and up) are very troublesome. They have so many social circles and options it ain't funny. Get their numbers and be friends with them, but don't expect them to come around.

Flirting with them is the way to go, so crack jokes on them. Be funny, be confident. Infact, approach them directly and say "you're very attractive, I didn't want to miss this opportunity to say hello". If she's in a bad mood, talk to her in the hopes she feels better.

But if a hot girl says 'Go away' or calls you a 'creep' for whatever reason, reply with 'You're a d*ckhead'. Trust me, if a girl wants to be mean to you, reflect it and treat her like crap in the same fashion. She's not worth your time.

So like I said, you can get anybody. But as most girls have put it, 6s, 7s, or 8s are usually where the good girls are at. And the hot women are tripping on their egos that they need to be adjusted and told that 'they aren't the sh*t' - its just that all those retards like to kiss their @ss too much.

• This is silly, because your ratings will be different than other guys.

An 8 for you may be a 5 for me, and vice-versa.

So this is all a psychological thing...

I would say go for 6-8. Going for anything less than that, and you're going to feel like you're compromising, which is not good. Also your chances aren't really better with a 4 or 5 than with a 6 or 7, because remember these rankings are all in your head.

More likely, what will happen if you go for anything less than 6, you won't try hard enough, and that will definitely hurt your chances of success. So you need to go for girls who'd you rank high enough to keep you on your toes, and just focus on building confidence on pursuing the girls you're most attracted to.

The reason I don't say to go for 10's is not because they're out of your reach, but because there's a problem with you giving a girl that rating in the first place. No girl is that perfect, and so if you're giving a girl a 10, you're putting her on a pedestal and over-inflating her score...which will also sabotage your chances of success.

At best, you might rarely meet a girl who is a 9...and I would only reserve that score for someone who is very very nearly perfect...but it's best to even avoid giving that score unless you have to...

So if you see 10, what you need to do is to keep blinking until you see 8. Then you can pursue. Your best chances of success are when you can go in there with a level-headed perspective.

• It's all about perception...

Kinda like Shallow Hal?

We as guys tend to have a feature that we like, and if that feature is strong on a female that may not be cute to other guys, you'll think you have a 10...

If I were you, I'd go after what I consider to be a 10.

But I guess a 10 to me is a girl with a little more than a pretty appearance.

& for some reason with me, beauty grows on me...

Like a girl that's not that cute will because nice looking after being around her for a while...

Its like eventually her good quality traits come out... Weird I know...

But I guess when they say that beauty comes from within, they weren't lying...

Sincerely,

A Loving Black Man

• Scientifcally speaking, you'll find a girl that is around your level of attraction, +/- 1 or 2. If you want people to judge you on your looks, go to hotornot.com. Nevertheless, this is America. So, why not go all in and go for the 10?

• you can really pursue any girl you want, I experimented with this once. even if its only physique or personality. getting with a girl is all about the way you talk no matter what all girls like confidence. just need to basicly have the slikest replies ( but don't force it to much cause then they think your cocky) that's why you sometimes see fugly guys with hot chicks (and I know it ain't personality cause I know some that play starcraft II all day) is all about the way you approach them with grammar trust me

• There aren't rules about this, but I think you know the 10 girls are usually only going to go with a guy with a hot car when young, or a hotter car when they are older, and tend to be REALLY vain and shaoow, even more than the average!

So if you aren't into that, I'd stay about from the 10's. Unless they're ASian, they tend to be nice.

I once had a threesome with two Filipinas, I'd say 8 and 10...

But who is counting?

• I ALWAYS Ago for the tens. Why settle for less than the best.

• I don't know why everyone has to keep throwing the same crap out there about being shallow because he wants the rating system. Let's face it 10's end up with 10's and 5's end up with 5's. Anyway your about 6ish... hit the gym? tan? I don't know pull yourself up to a 7 with that then you'll be fine. Don't expect to be pulling the hottest girls because your not the best looking guy. My honest opinion.

• I don't know which one is better. Your attitude or mine. Mine is: I don't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member.

• girls choice in males don't rely on physical ratings as is the case for guys. instead social skills/wealth/status are more important, which we cannot tell from a picture.

• if you learned game and took care of yourself you could girl you want (anything from 1-10) by the I wrote the take of yourself thing because I don't know you and some guys don't the connection

• What 'rating' do YOU think you should go for, is what I wanna know?

• I think I should go for whomever I find attractive. I'm completely aware of how general and unreliable/inaccurate the question is, but I just wanted a 'ballpark' idea of what others think. The girls I find to be highly physically attractive (my "10") could have any variation of personality characteristics that would indicate to me as to whether or not I could successfully pursue them.

• Then my answer happens to fall into what you said, go for who you want. But make it fun. Do things, little challenges, whatever to spice it up and have fun with things. I got an idea from watching a video (I think it was on here) where a guy tried to get a girls number WITHOUT SPEAKING A WORD. That is genius and still fun. Things like that seem to take people's mind off things and keeps them from getting too wrapped up in the 'game' of everything.

• You all realize this is just a "rate me" thread in disguise...right?

• Fish too shallow, and you'll miss the bigger fish. Fish it right, and you'll catch anything you want.

• ONE THING YOU DONT WANNA DO IS CHANGE WHO ARE FOR A GIRL...be yourself be comfortable

• Don't aim for a Specific 'rating' just get to know any girls you like and keep your options open, one of them is bound to go for you.

Just a wee recommendation, try growing your hair so that you can do more with it and try to style it to make you stand out a bit more. Hell, having a great hair style that suits you can bump up your attractiveness rating.

You resemble some friends of mine and they tend to do well with the ladies so good luck.