Do you dress to impress someone else or yourself?

I love to dress and am very modest in almost everything I choose to put on. I dress ENTIRELY for me, ( shouldn't be any other way right ?) but I have male friends who seem to think that female dress for other females and that its almost like we're competing to see who looks the best . Huh ? I was never informed of that so why do you dress ? Do you dress to impress YOU or OTHERS ?

Most Helpful Guy

• i switch it up, I dress for me, but sometimes I dress to see if people will say something. if I'm hanging out with my lady friends at the bar, ill wear a pink shirt. lol I think its funny, cause I'm basically saying, I'm wearing a pink shirt, and still chilling with the girls. lol

What Guys Said 1

• I dress almost entirely for myself. I have a pretty creative sense of style and I'll use others' opinions as an outer boundary for what I can wear (I have to keep my job after all haha) but I usually try to be as unique as possible within those limits because I love having my own style.

What Girls Said 11

• I dress for myself but once in a while I dress for someone that I might want to impress. Competing with other females? That's not me. Everyone is different and people dress according to what looks good on them. Something that might look good on me may or may not look good on someone else. I do make sure that I dress decent because I express myself through my style. If other people like it, great. If not, oh well. But, I want to make sure that what I am wearing is comfortable and is my honest style.

• I dress solely for myself. Perhaps I dress to convey a message as well!

I do know that sometimes girls do dress to make other girls jealous. They do this mostly because they are afraid of being rejected or because they think that if they have 'it all' other girls would envy them and want to be like them and would want to be friends with them, when in fact it's just the opposite! If a person is an ego tripping maniac, it's clear that no one would like to be their true friend, so just be who you are, and do what you do, just for yourself, for no one else!

*StillWater*

• I dress for both reasons. Though not so much to impress other girls as my boyfriend. (though I know I don't need to.) I used to wear guys cloths all the time before I started going out with him. It started out that I was trying to look better for him but then I started to like dressing up. I have to say that I do it more for me then him now. I like looking my best. :)

• I know a lot of girls that dress to impress other girls. I do it sometimes too, I guess. But mostly, I dress to impress me, and when I'm single guys, or like now, my boyfriend.

• 99% of the time I am dressing for myself only, but sometimes you just gotta dress to impress! but I would never wear something that I didn't like or feel comfortable in because of other people, but a little extra effort sometimes doesn't go amiss.

• For the most part, I dress for myself. I always make it a point to look presentable, but that's because it's my preference. There are times when I want to look nice for other people, but I think doing that has a lot to do with making yourself feel good too.

• both. I dress so that I feel good about myself and I feel sexy and hott but I also dress to impress other people, as of right now just my bf. but I don't care what other girls where. I hope they dress to make sure that they feel good too.

• I dress to satisfy myself and my boyfriend

• Both! I mostly dress for me, but on rare occasions I'll dress for others.

• I mostly dress for myself, but if I'm going to a party or a dance, then I'm going to dress to impress ; )

• I dress for both.I like to look nice to boost my confidence, and I like to dress nice for other people so I look presentable. I start a lot of trends at my school too unintentionally. I also like to look nice for the guy I like, even though he doesn't know I match etc. He just can see I look nice, and that's enough for me.