A good looking guy is rarely considered "creepy"?

I had a female friend tell me that guys who are hot really have to have something off about them to get the "creepy" label from girls.

Guys who aren't as attractive have less of a buffer zone between creepy and not creepy.

For instance, one example she gave was this scenario...

An awkward guy approaches you in a weird way at the coffee shop. It's obvious he's not confident and is very fidgety and is stumbling over his words.

If it's a physically attractive guy that is doing it, a girl might laugh and consider it cute that he's shy. If it's a guy who isn't too blessed with the looks, he'd automatically get the "creeper" label.

Is this accurate?

Most Helpful Guy

• creepy is perception, so it of course varies on the person and culture of a particular area. at least most of us of have negative asociations which certain things and we there call the person creapy when we get those asociations. its definitely true that if you are good enough looking you will be able to get away with things that the less attractive guy can't. but reason why that is has nothing to do with his looks, its because she is instanely attacted and less attractive guy has to build attraction with game. if you start touching and stuff before she's reached that level of atraction, that is when you are labeled a "creeper"

there are of course others factors like how in some culures (usualy suburban) that being reserved or shy is creepy, generally its not like that in cities because reserved are very common. I myself am a reserved and very socially awkward person and lived in suburban comminity in mass and was considered very creepy, I embrassed it because it kept people away from me (the one exception was anything rob related). my point is I didn't make excuses, I choose not interact with people and exepted the consequence. although I know you can only hide social akwardness to a certain point. bottom line if don't want to be a "creeper" then step your learn the art of pick-up (in the process you'll read about how not to be a creap) and learn what you don't know about social stuff. one way not to come off creepy is compliance testing. if your social intellegence is behind then going to bars and stuff and observe until you the pattern in behavoir

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah this is pretty accurate, I mean its a shame.

I know a lot of "unnattractive guys" but they are the nicest and m ost geunine.

But if some not attractivce guy were to walk up to me all weird,

esecially if they were old, I would think CREEPER!

But if they were cute I would probably be like Oh how adorable.

I know us girls are dumb.

• yes its probably true to an extent. although if the really hot guy in this scenario was acting creepy or weird it wouldn't matter how hot he is trust me I've been there...

its not just men though,it applies to women too.

think about it, hot girl vs not so hot girl coming on to you. the hot one is seen as confident and the ugly one is desperate am I right?

What Guys Said 6

• It's irrational but probably true to an extent.

One possibility is that when a girl sees a guy who looks very hot, she subconsciously thinks, "He could choose any girl, so there's no reason he'd be intersted in me." She feels relatively less confident around him, so he comes off as being more confident.

On the other hand, when she sees a guy who's ugly, she thinks, "Man he must be desperate."

We have prejudices, so apperance effects perception of behavior.

• Hell yes, an example from the high school stage is that hot guys can say anything to a girl but if one of us normals says the same thing we get slaughtered.

• Yes, it's very accurate.

First, let's get this out of the way. There's actually being creepy. Something like staring at you while rubbing his package or licking his lips- that's really creepy. Or, some guy you don't know comes up and puts his hands around your waist- also creepy. Those are the kinds of things that are actually genuinely creepy.

However, the term "creepy" is thrown around constantly today, and a lot of it is just based on physical attraction. If a hot guy touches a girl's shoulder while talking to her, it's a good thing and he's just being confident and breaking the touch barrier. If a non-hot guy touches her shoulder while talking to her, he's a creepy pervert. Nothing changed except his looks. Even something as mandatory as an approach: a hot guy that approaches a girl is confident, and a not as hot guy is a creeper. Shyness? If he's hot, it's cute. If he's not, it's creepy.

So why is this? I can't say for certain, but I do have a thought. Labeling a guy as "creepy" makes the girl look better. Think about it: a female friend is approached by a pretty cool guy, and she shoots him down. Which makes her sound better, saying "I told him to go away because he's not hot enough for me" or saying "I told him to go away because he was acting really creepy"? The creepy label makes it seem like she's less shallow or stuck up, so it's a convenient way to complain about not being approached by really hot guys without looking like she has too much unwarranted self-importance. That's my theory.

• Welcome to the world of the double standard.

• Well, looks, style, clothing, are all FAR more important to girls than they are to guys, especially when it comes to casual flirting. Don't despair though, once you get to be an adult it's not nearly as bad.

• Dude this is so true. I have people who have called me a creep just because I'm a bit akward, but a worse case was with my friend. He's a pretty awesome guy, he works for our campus radio station doing sports, and while he's a bit outspoken he can be fun and loves sports and stuff, yet I know tons of girls who call him a creep just because they think he looks like he's 35. I've noticed that with girls being hot excuses a lot. I mean if a guy was in prison for rape and murder but hot, I think a decent amount of girls would like him still just because he's hot. I mean that's what happened with the famous nightstalker killer. Women loved him even though he was a serial killer. All because some thought he was hot. If the dude looked like John Candy or even just old, they would of called him a creep. However, I think guys excuse a girl of thing's because she's hot. I mean let's say a girl was a complete bitch, or was a criminal. If she was hot, most guys would excuse her past sins.