I was rated a 7 by one of the guys and it upset me so much. Am I weird to get upset over this?

I was with people a few days ago and we got into the subject of rating people. I was rated a 7 by one of the guys and it upset me so much. I think I'm higher than a 7 and I think I'm really attractive and I have so many guys telling me that I'm hot. I don't consider a 7 to be pretty... just average and I think I'm way above average. Am I weird to get really upset over this?

Most Helpful Guy

• It has to do with insecurity wether you think so or not. It's subconscious for a reason lol. And at the same time, who wants to be considered a 7 when they feel like a 10, right? But if for what it's worth, if we're using the whole "from a scale from 1-10," 5 would be considered average and a seven is above that. Few people are really 10, I mean come on.

But realistically, it's all subjective. A 7 to him might be a 9 to someone else. The scale is in the eye of the beholder, you can't really go by that. Is it weird that it bothers you? To an extent, it's common. Some people will get bothered, some won't. If you don't plan to let it go after a little while and after venting on here, than I might think it's more silly and a little pointless for it continue any longer.

What Guys Said 8

• I wouldn't give this another minute's thought. After all it's just a number. And maybe you're an 8. How much difference is this going to make in your life?

And yes you are a little weird to actually get "upset" over this. Let's say a guy rates you a 10 tomorrow. Is that number going to change your life?

• Well if 1 is an obese women with black teeth and some kind of skin fungus (aka the ugliest woman in the world) and a 10 is basically what the hottest women in the world looks like after they photoshop her, then a 7 is damn good. It is all about perspective.

• If you pay that much attention to shallow people, you'll get what you deserve.

• Pics or it is not true

• No, your not weird. I think someone set some bait out and you got hooked. Sounds like he was teasing you to get you worked up. He might just like you, that's all.

• what?

• You're not weird - you're narcissistic.

Think of this: to some people you're not even on the scale...to some you're below a 5...

• below a five is ugly... I am not ugly by any means so you can suck it kthanks

• but you're pathetic...and that is beyond ugly.

• i'm pathetic? says the guy who answered anonymous...

• Naaw... you look to be pretty much a "seven" max. Maybe a 6.5 on a good day.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes. A 5 is average. You're that upset about a 7 that this guy gave you? I wonder what you would fo if you got rated a 4 or something. And really it's only one guys opinion. I mean geeze, you said yourself that other guys think you're hot so just get over it already. It's one guys opinion and it's s 7. That's not bad.

• hahah "I think I'm really attractive and I have so many guys telling me that I'm hot" if that's the case then why oh why are you getting upset over ONE guy in the world rating you a 7!? a 7 is above average. god forbid you get anything lower than a 10! :O get over it seriously.

• Yes you are...everyone has an opinion whether you like it or not

• Get over yourself.There's people which are disfigured and starving in the world. Get some perspective you yank.

• Why don't you take your tampon out and take some Midol? Don't be rude. And I'm not a yank sweetheart... get your facts straight.

• No I don't think he downgraded me on my personality because I'm actually friends with him and he thinks I'm cool as sh*t.

• Ayyee +1 Nicely done answerer heehee