What do you think of girls who dress fancy at public school?

Does it seem like they are trying too hard or they are desperate? Or like they are trying to get complimented?

What if you don't dress fancy all the time? What if some days you wear hoodies, one day you'll wear a fancy dress and the next day you'll wear jeans but a fancy dress shirt?

Most Helpful Girl

• What do you mean by "fancy"? I wear dresses and skirts to school occasionally and I always feel kind of self conscious about it when I do (unfortunately). I think there is a fine line between looking cute and trying too hard. If you wear something dressier, like a skirt or dress, just tone it down a little for school. Like, wearing a dress with heels and tons of accessories would be too much, but wearing a dress with flats and a cardigan, for example, would be good. I think a lot of it is just being comfortable in what you're wearing. If someone wears something fancy and doesn't feel confident, they just can't really pull it off, but people who wear something dressy and are totally comfortable in it look really effortless and cool. If I see someone dressed fancy, I would at the very least admire them for the effort to stand out, and I think a lot of times it looks cute, rather than everyone else dressed in jeans and hoodies all the time. So whatever your style is, just rock it. :)

What Guys Said 2

• I personally think its awesome! That may just be their style and there will ALWAYS be haters. If you dress to casual, someone will think you don't care. So, its what you like and are comfortable with, you know! :)

• The same thing that you would think about a guy that goes to school in a suit.

What Girls Said 6

• I truly depends.At my school how you dress doesn't make you anybody or noticed,but there are some girls who go overboard or who don't do it for themselves and it's obvious when they don't.It's obvious when they do it for attention

• i dressed up a lot in high school and will continue to do so in college. its not because I like the attention or am desperate or anything but because I like to dress up. its just my style. there are days where I'll just be causal with just jeans and a sweatshirt but most days I make an effort to look nice.

• None of the above. When I was in high school, I used to dress up all the time. Not because I wanted attention, not because I was trying to impress, but because I genuinely wanted to. I love heels, and now that I'm in college, I'll even wear pumps around campus. That's just my style.

• I just assume they enjoy dressing up.

• i say it's just their style. though it's important not to go overboard

• Define overboard.

• Like when they wear 5 inch heels, a "look at me" outfit with colorsthat pop from the crowd, and too much jewlery/makeup

• So if I was to wear flats, stud earrings, no makeup, and a fancy black and white dress, is that overboard?

• That they're trying a bit too hard to stand out