Do you think you are physicaly attractive?

Do you think your physically attractive? If not what makes you think that you are not?

I ask this because of the number of rate me questions. I think a lot of people don't find themselvs attractive.

Holy crap I wasn't expecting this many replys.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think everyone has something that makes them beautiful. In fact, I think the most beautiful people aren't those who are immediately striking. The most beautiful people I know are those who take time for you to appreciate the unique things that make them attractive. It's an enduring beauty: the longer you look, the more you notice the little things that make them pretty. But to answer the question, I love my eyes (only 2% of the population has green eyes!), my feet, my boobs (I think they're perfect), my lips, my nose, and my ass.

Bottom line though: looks are an unwise thing to invest your happiness in. For god's sake, look at that poor fool Heidi Montag.

What Girls Said 38

• Tihink I'm pretty and cute but I could never see myself as gorgeous, hot, sexy, etc. I think most of the people who ask the rate me questions usually are just fishing for compliments and know they're attractive. I admit I've asked that before but not because I wanted compliments. I mean, compliments are good but I just wanted honest answers. My friends always tell me I'm pretty and my family too but let's face it: do they really have a choice? Its not so much a matter of if I think I'm pretty; I'm more worried about other people thinking I am. I act confident as best as I can because I know lack of confidence and whining about being ugly is a big turn-off. I like to think that as long as I think I'm pretty and I act like I think I'm gorgeous, other people will think I am too.

• If you need a total stranger to tell you if you think you are hot or not, you should be spending your time working on your self-esteem and being happy with who you are so you don't have to spend your life worrying what people will think. Self-love and acceptance comes from within, it doesn't grow from asking strangers a question like that. Beauty also lies within, people take themselves out of the equation by asking those questions, it makes them completely not hot. Have confidence, believe in yourself, and the people who are attracted to you will jump out of the woodwork.

As for me, I'm happy with who I am physically. I wasn't always, but not only did I learn to shift perspective but I also improved the things I had a problem with. You have the power to make yourself more comfortable, if you have a problem then work at it. I lost weight, eat healthy, exercise, and I have never felt better. Taking care of yourself builds self-respect.

• I don't think I'm ugly. I was with a friend about a month ago and we were both talking about our boy issues (we have a mutual friend who draws guys like moths to a flame while we appreciate the occasional non-creepy guy who hits on us) and I came to the conclusion that I'm not absolutely repulsive but I'm not a super model either. I work at hollister so I know I'm not ugly since there's pretty much a "no ugly people allowed" rule but I was pretty surprised when they hired me because I don't consider myself anything more than average. I'd never ask one of those rate me questions because that's just stupid but I definitely notice how pretty a lot of girls are and I never feel like I look as good as them.

• I have always thought myself as very unattractive, mostly because there were so many pretty girls at my school and I got compared to them as well as the fact that I never got complimented... EVER! :(

I'm now not so sure about that because, after changing schools and making new friends, they do actually compliment me. My two closest friends have told me how I'm beautiful and gorgeous! I'm still not entirely convinced after so many years of being slated about the way I look but I'm starting to accept that I don't need to hide under a paper bag anymore (figure of speech, not literal! lol :P)

I think a lot of people don't like to call themselves attractive because they don't like to seem vain. Plus, by nature, we compare ourselves to others so obviously find all of our flaws and tend to exaggerate them too.

Hope that helps! :)

• I used to have low self-esteem because of what people at my school would say to me. They'd call me ugly, and they'd make fun of my hair, nose, clothes, teeth (I didn't have braces yet), anything they could think of. When I got to high school, I became more confident and outgoing. I quickly learned to laugh at myself, and I realized that a lot of the things I did really were funny. Embarrassing moments always get laughed off now, and I honestly don't care if people don't like me. I am completely myself now, and that has allowed me to make some awesome friendships. I've seen pictures... I know that I can make some pretty funky faces sometimes, but I just laugh it off because it really is funny. I think you have to be really comfortable with yourself to be able to laugh at yourself and honestly not be secretly hurting inside. Back when I'd get made fun of, I probably wasn't very attractive. Low self-esteem is not attractive at all. Because of the past, I am stronger and more beautiful, both physically and mentally.

• sometimes I do. Because I know logically that I should be- slim figure, 0.7 hip to waist ratio, long legs, nice skin, "pretty" face. But it seems that whenever I am in a bad mood I just look in the mirror and see a big hipped albino bucket of lard with a grotesquely childlike face that only a paedofile would like...In short, no one has an accurate perception of themselves all the time!

• Sometimes I do, sometimes I dont.

i think we always class ourselves down because we know that there are many pretty people out there who we'd like to look like or think are the 'pretty' ones, then we convince ourselves we look nothing like them, therefore, we must not be attractive?

• I have my days when I think I look pretty bad, but then again on those days I could care less. I do think I'm attractive, I must admit I'm concieted at times when I look really good, but I definately don't show it or let others know.

• It really depends. Some times my face breaks out, or I feel bloated or whatever. I think I have a good self esteem, but sometimes I feel really sh*tty and the ugliest person ever and don't even want to go out. Other times I'm more confident and feel like I look good and catch a lot of guys attention. But idk, I've always battled on that topic. Maybe I need to work on that...

• Its a major stigma that if you think you look good, you are conceited. I think I look good. There are days where I don't like how I look some of my clothes. But I usually find that one outfit that I love that makes me feel beautiful. I'm a "thick" girl with curves... and I know how to rock them. If I was a guy, I would definitely have sex with myself, hahaha.

• I honestly don't know. Some days I think I'm really attractive and other days I hate the way I look. Sometimes men stare at me all the time and sometimes they all ignore me. It really depends on the moment I suppose.

• Overall, I think of myself as average looking (though I have been told otherwise). I certainly have days where I don't think of myself as attractive and there are days that I do.

• I have been told that I care too much about the way I look and have even been called vain but the reason I care about how I look is that I have insecurities about myself. I think most people do have insecurities about their appearance and just need some reassurance and that is why they ask other people. Overall I would say that I am attractive but I do work really hard at it.

• Hmmmm... I really like it when a woman cares about how she looks; and works at it. I think that is different from "vain" - always looking in a mirror, and shallow.

Separately, EVERYONE has insecurities about how he or she looks.

What do other people say about how you look? D.

(I thought so...)

• I hate to say it, but I do think I'm a pretty girl. I mean I'm not conceited at all, ha ha and I do have insecurities but I do think I'm pretty- probably a result of many of my close male friends commenting on my "natural" beauty, since I don't wear make up. And the reason I don't wear make up is because I don't really think I need it. :)

• I'm gorgeous.

• This is going to sound pretty shallow, but I love finding myself attractive. I love looking at myself in the mirror and being happy and confident with the way I look. Not just facially, I love my body too. Not a lot, but I'm working on it...

• You do know about 98% of the people asking "rate me" are just looking for compliments.Most of them are cocky,when I call them out on it they tell me "I know I'm good looking blahblahblah"

I would I say I am average,there are days when I am above average...generally when I get a good nights sleep and my skin and hair look good because of it

• Some people tell me I am and other people tell me I'm not so I don't know. Lol But even though some people tell me I'm not attractive, I really don't care because I'm confident with myself and how I look so it doesn't matter to me if some people think I'm not pretty or whatever.

• some days I will feel pretty and some other days I won't want to look at myself ..but overall I think am physically attractive- pretty face ..decent body.

• we ALL have our good days and bad days, but overall yeah I think I'm attractive.. I have flaws like everyone else but I've learned to accept them and be happy

(I can understand why people get annoyed with the rate me questions.. but If it boosts someones confidence, or makes em feel special.. I think it does more good than harm)

• yeah I think I'm attractive.. I know I'm not ugly but I'm not 100% hot either. People have told me I'm not attractive and people have told me I'm hot/sexy/beautiful/cute/pretty. I have high self-esteem.. so I think that's what makes me sexy. I don't wear any makeup... I don't feel that I need to. I've been told I'm naturally pretty as well. I'm not insecure at all.. but I used to be back in the day.

• I think I'm alright.Not hideous or anything...

• well, I can say that I'm insecure about a few things, like my weight...even though I'm not fat..

other people seem to say I'm pretty or whatever...but I never really cared about what people thought anyway.

but...im boyfriend tells me I'm beautiful and that always manages to put a smile on my face:)

• Yes, I do think I am physically attractive.

• yes I am,

• I don't know if I'm attractive, I just know that if I was a guy, I would NEVER go for myself.

• Oh, if you were a guy, you would SO go after YOU!!!!

This is a terrible sentence, but you get the idea. D

• Honestly, some days I do, some days I don't.

• No I am not. People always say if you have confidence guys will find you attractive. Lies. Confidence cannot turn a troll into a supermodel.

I am not attractive because I don't have a pretty face, my body is not fat but it is a little odd, I'm pretty tall, and guys aren't attracted to me in the least.

99% of the time, the people that ask to be rated aren't really ugly. You really think an ugly person is going to ask to be rated when they know people are going to say they're ugly? The people that ask to be rated are people who are average to very attractive who want a confidence boost. They know they aren't ugly but they want to see where they fall between average and very attractive.

• I admit, I have posted a rate me body because while I'm OK with my body, I don't know how other people view me. It's not a vanity thing, it's a curiosity thing

• i know I'm pretty and I get a lot of attention off guys, but I'm still insecure and when I see other girls (whether they be prettier or not) I still feel like I'm not as good as them.

• More from Girls
    8

What Guys Said 20

• I honestly don't know. I'm too thin and I really have no idea if I have anything going for me with my face/style. I can't tell if I'm just not receiving attention from girls or if I'm just totally oblivious to it, but either way, I've always considered myself to be totally average on a 1-10 scale.

• Am I the only one here who is going to say I love everything about myself?

If I didn't like me, I wouldn't be me. With that said, I think I'm pretty hot. Some girls think so too. Some girls don't. But that's the same with any guy in the world.

• I think I'm somewhere in the middle like a 5. I exercise daily and keep in shape and I'm fairly average height and weight (about 6'0 tall and about 175 lbs). I wouldn't say I'm ugly but I'm not the type of guy girls are gonna just look at and be blown away. I honestly can't get a good read on it though because I have a terrible time trying to over come my shyness.

• I'm kinda off and on with how I feel about my looks... l've always thought that I wasn't all that great looking. Many people have said otherwise, but I just really haven't thought I was all that...

Lately tho, I've kinda actually felt better about myself and my looks, and idk, I'm getting older, maybe it just happens that way. But idk... I just hope it keeps on continuing to improve.

• nope not really. but I make what I have work haha. I asked a rate me question when I was first on here and I was most definitely not fishing for complments. I don't know why I asked it haha. boerdom, low self esteem that day, getting rejected and thinking about it. I have no clue ha ha now I know I am average so why should I try to be what I'm not. I have confidence but I don't think I have met anyone boy or girl who could be a perfect 10 honestly and I'm not going to be the first who get's a ten haha

• I find this site attracts two types of people.

Those who are clueless about relationships and/or got confidence issues.

And those that were in that boat, and got out, but also want to help others.

So of course you're going to see loads of people with body issues. Plus this place is more personal that HotOrNot etc

As for myself, I don't think I'm too shabby. Triangular body shape (broad, thin waist), good facial bone structure, good hair growth and pattern. Could do with a few more inches and my muscle mass and skin quality will improve over the next few years.

• So which category to you fall under? Clueless or unconfident? ;) Just curious.

• Wow. I obviously totally missed the second line. And I thought you were just being a self-righteous asshole. My passive-aggressive way of telling you so definitely made me look like one. Ha!

• No worries, I may just forgive you :P

• Meh. I'm fairly muscular, and I'm pretty strong (especially for my appearance), but I'm also not trim, so I basically look chubby. I'm only average in height (5'9), I'm about average downstairs, I don't think my face is anything special, and I dress very plainly (t-shirt and shorts, basically year round, but sometimes I wear polos). Overall, I'm a very average looking person, I find.

However, I have been told numerous times by friends and by strangers that I have gorgeous eyes. I guess that's pretty cool.

• A forest troll like me? Hell no. Normally I have to trick a woman to get a date. Somehow though, I got lucky this time ;).

• Sure I think I am. I'm not perfect. I'm short, I'm a bit overweight, I've got some acne and I have a receding hairline. But it doesn't really bother me. I've also got a lot of muscle mass, and some friends tell me my smile is adorable.

If you think you are ugly, so will everyone else. If you believe you look great, other people will think so too. I have noticed this first hand.

• No... I don't think I am.

...

can I get a hug?

• I wouldn't say I was the best looking lad but I don't think I'm a monster so I'm not really bothered :P

Im not photogenic at all though, I look like a complete mong if the camera uses a flash, my eyes look totally dodgy, one of them is always half closed while the other looks stupid when its on :P Look like a pedo lol

• I know I'm not the best looking guy, but I know I'm not ugly either. On an A-F scale I'd say I'm a solid B.

• Yes, I think I'm attractive. I'm a bit on the skinny side but hey, there's something about us all that we don't like. I've always been very humble about my looks though.

• id think I am, but girls time and again surprise me and seem to go for guys that I find to be less aesthetic (im talking on a superficial level, of course I'm more interesting). it might hurt that I'm half asian tho.

• You should start a poll, see what % of girls think they are attractive vs. guys. If people answer honestly it'll be especially telling.

• Nope. There is so much evidence to support my idea that I'm not attractive, but I won't get into it right now.

• I am not that tall, not very strong, and I had bad acne when I was a teen so I don't have nice skin on my face. So yeah, ugly.

• no. I've been called ugly many times. a lot more than cute

• I don't know, I think I look pretty good, sometimes. And some other people say the same, Debatable. :P

• I feel that I physically am attractive..