Do guys like short hair or long hair ?

please answer. I'm thinking about cutting my hair but I have nice long hair. need help here.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys will almost always say they like long better. But I would just go with what you want! It took me years to cut my long hair because every guy told me not to. I finally decided to do what I wanted instead of anyone else.. And guess what? I have had so many guys tell me how good it looks and how they would have never thought they would like it but they like it even more short. And by short I mean chin length.

So my advice, if it's what you want, go for it! :)

What Guys Said 12

• Erm I don't really have a preference for a specific length but I just prefer that its not short, around shoulder length and longer is best but I think you should consider letting it curl, it doesn't need to be long and straight to look good but if that's how you like it fair enough its fine too

• long hair babe.

Down to your shoulders at minimum. That's beauty and feminine.

Short hair like a boy's cut, or above the shoulder = ILL ADVISED.

Oh, and if it grows low enough to your ass-crack, ugh ... too long. DANG I feel bad for ya.

• Shoulder length or longer - my hair is down to my nipples in front and about 2-3 inches above my waist in back, I'm a hippie. So if you have long, beautiful hair and are comfortable with it keep it.

• I prefer long hair on white girls. Since I do not find black girls to be attractive (being a white guy myself). No offense

Shorter hair styles are OK as long as it does not become the "lesbian look" where its so short it looks boyish.

If I intend on dating a girl with short hair, I'd rather her not be lesbian, ya know? Bi is a little better but you get the point

• That comment was completely irrelevant about race

• Dont be an ass about the questions.

• Who said I was?

• definitely longer hair. some girls can still look really good with shorter hair but they will awlays look better with longer hair

• There is nothing wrong with long or short hair. Different type of guys have different preferences :) Cut it if you want to!

• I feel like it definitely depends on the girl. Some girls can pull off short hair but others can't.

• longer the better, but we don't really have a lot of black girls in my town, so I don't really know how it whould look on you

• i like long hairs

• Depends on the girl. In this case go with the tied up look ROFL!

• longer the better (Y)

• LONG...I find it insanely attractive...

What Girls Said 6

• I always had long hair and a couple years ago I cut it short. I hated it and couldn't wait until it grew back. I felt naked without my hair. Also, it took me a lot longer to get ready in the morning because I had to style it. When it was long, I just brushed it and that was it. People say that if you look good with your hair in a ponytail, then it will look good short. There are so many options today. If you wind up hating it, you can buy one of those clip on ponytails (which I did) or get extensions. As far as guys go, most do like long hair.

• I used to have long hair and cut it short to a bob and I love it. My boyfriend told me he likes long hair on girls but has told me he is coming round to short and likes me with the bob. I do however let it grow out a bit before I get it cut again so he can see some long hair on me. lol

Also my hairdresser told me some peoples hair is made to be long and some is made to be short. For example she told me hair had the right thickness to be short and it fell better being short. So the really questions is what's right for you not the man. No offence guys but your main aim should be to please yourself not a man as you have to live with your hair. Also this may sound stupid but go into a wig shop and try on different lengths if you're really not sure on what you want because then you don't cut it off and find out you hate it. Hope this helps :)

• long hair!

i think that short hair can look cute and fun...but nothing looks as sexy as a girl with tousled long locks!

• long hair, but before you cut it how long is it

• long

• Well I'm a girl but from what my guy friends tell me, they really like long hair better. I had waist length hair once and decided to get it cut about chin length. I barely got any looks from guys when it was short. So I grew it out again and have more attention. It really does make a difference.