Why do guys dislike girls with piercings and tats?

i have one piercing in my nose (a stud) and one small tat on my ankle (a tribute to my mom). lots of guys say that is a turn off and unattractive. why? it doesn't make me a bad person or trashy like some people call me. I do good in school and I work and I am generally a nice person. I have lots of guy friends who think I'm cool but have issues with boyfriends because of my piercing and tat. explain?

412

Most Helpful Guy

• I find that most tattoos on women are kinda lame. I think tattoos are much better suited for men. A nude woman is awesome, and tattoos are just distracting.

Piercings are OK, but not really the nose ring. I had my eyebrow pierced for a few years there and it was cool, but on most people, I think of the nose ring is someone trying too hard or hiding behind it. And I mean, even if it suits the girl and she's pretty, it's a piece of metal through her nose right there in the middle of her face lol. I think it might be cool, but what's so attractive about that?

Now I'm just talking about my tastes in terms of attraction. I think some women look really cool or even hot with tats or piercings, but I don't know that I would date them (to say nothing at all about their personality. if I met a girl like you with an awesome personality, I might not care). But it would start off as a turn off.

• Oh you said STUD. Well honestly I especially don't like that one. To me, it screams "stuck up bitch". Which again, is not to say that all girls who wear it have that, but I would almost prefer the nose ring instead. I have yet to see a girl who looks good with it, no matter how hot.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 11

• Personally I like tats and piercings, in fact I have 2 tats and 1 piercing, so...

But I think that some guys just don't like it because it makes you look "trashy" as said here before and I even dare to say "slutty" for some guys. But that's a personal thing, you'll find guys that like it and others who don't.

• Whoever those guys are sounds like idiots.

They are not right for you, so be glad you found out in the way you did, and not by actually having to date one of them and walking in on them with one of their friends.

• Small tattoos and some piercings are okay. Some people go overboard. You can get lost in the ink and color and the metal. Then, you lose sight of the person and you have a relationship with a painting, which is a turn off.

• The piercing is a turn off when there to much of them, and the tatt depends on the actual tattoo it self and the location. The ankle to me is OK just not a tramp stamp or anything that covers your entire back,chest, arm or leg, if a tattoo is to big you lose your natural beauty

• I don't like nose piercings... as for the tat... well, I'm not a tattoo person but I wouldn't rule out a girl for one or two if they were sentimental like that. There are people who like them and people who don't. I'm afraid that's pretty much how it is. Just keep in mind that if you get tattoos and piercings you're going to attract guys who like those things so... I suppose that piercings and tats will probably attract boys who have piercings and tats too.

• I don't think it's particularly attractive. I just don't. I wouldn't say it makes you trashy or a bad person, I just don't like the way it looks on girls. That's my preference and I have a right to it. I don't have to explain it or defend my position, nor do you have to explain why you do it. Just find a guy who does like it. I know they're out there...

• I have no piercings or tattoos but I think girls with them are HOT!

• It instantly gives a first impression that you are "trashy".

As well, it shows that you don't really respect your own body. But I think the first impression thing is the most important. People make assumptions, and tats/piercings tend to make those assumptions more... yea

• I don't respect my body because I wanted a memorial of my cancer stricken mother?

• And people know that upon first seeing you?

All they see is a tattoo and tattooes leave a distinct first impression.

• Well it's just my mom's name and birthday, so it's obvious it's about someone important.

• I am also not a fan of nose piercings. I think they look dumb! A small tat that has resemblance isn't the worst but none of that full body stuff.

• It's a simple they don't like how it looks. Some guys see it as trashy even if you aren't.

There's tons of variations in how guys like tattoos or piercings or don't like them at all.

• Girls who have tats and piercing only attract guys who like piercings and tats...i think how it generally works...

What Girls Said 4

• In life, there really isn't a decision big or small that you won't find some detractors for. You don't get to choose how other people react to your decisions, but you do get to choose whose reactions you focus on.

So, decide whether you want to focus on the guys who don't care for your tat and nose piercing or the ones who think you are hot.

It sounds like you may be attracted to guys who are not into your alternative choices. But, then again, you are probably like most guys and girls who get their heart set on someone who doesn't care for some aspect of our lives or is not in to us. Finding someone we are in to who is equally in to us is a journey and at times it will leave you frustrated. Hang in there.

• People are generalizing when they say things like that. They're probably thinking about girls with tramp stamps, and stuff, maybe they had a bad experience with one. I love your tat idea, and NO ONE in their right, sane mind would think that was trashy, trust me!

• ...Stereotypes.If you live in a small town, they probably consider it as something extravagant.Or maybe boys who say that it is a turn off, they just judge according their personal experiences.

People can be extremely narrow minded from times to times, don't mind them.If your personality is decent towards them, then the problem is not yours.

• Well, someone who judges another person based on their looks is truly ignorant about beauty. Everyone looks at beauty differently, but when you begin to stereotype it, that is when it ruins it. People with tats are often associated to be "bad" people...right, that makes sense. People gets tats for all different reasons, like how your is a tribute to your mom(thats sweet), and my brothers is a tribute to his friends who died in Iraq, and my friend has 4 tats for her 4 dead children, while my sis is covered in tats that are drawings she did from the age of 6 to now at 28. They are forms of expression and memory and some of those tattoos are more than skin-deep if someone looks deep enough. If a man can't see past your tats, hair color, piercings, style, or whatever, he obviously is not worth your time and you can get your beautiful self a real man... not to say you men who thinks tats and piercings are unattractive are not real men because those of your preferences, but if you won't even "lower" yourself to talking to someone who looks like that and look down on them, your missing out. :) BB