Are well kept nails on guys attractive or unnecessary?

Male, 15 awesome... But that's against the point

my question is. I spend almost an hour a week maintaining my nails ( I'm neurotic about it) and I know girls really care about THEIR nails. But is what I'm doing useless or do girls like that sort of thing (Just timmed filed and cleaned daily or slightly less often, no polish)

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm actually a hand girl. (like some girls like butts the most on men I go for hands) So to hear what you do is GREAT! you will likely get a lot of guff from both genders about it, but seriously, most of the teasing will be vieled jealousy.

Well cared for nails are amazing on a guy and make me want to have his hands all over me.

Alternatively.. uncared for/dirty nails are a huge turn off and make my skin crawl.

About polish.. you know nothing wrong with that either. There is even a matt polish 'for men' available if you are so inclined to buff and shine a step further.

• Long nails on a guy tho while I wouldn't say bothers me... wouldn't say it doesn't bother me either

What Girls Said 3

• An hour a week isn't THAT much. Probably a good thing to do. Just don't go overboard like this

link

• im not really bothered whether the nails are bitten off or short. I just really hate the look of long nails on a guy and I would hate it that a guy spends more times on his names than myself.

• its a plus because some girls like nice hands on guys and nails contribute to that :) but long nails are no good on men :)

What Guys Said 1

• I'd say yes. You don't need to go crazy about your nails, but it's always good to be on your best. It just seems gentlemanly to not have hippie nails.